Director - Retail Systems (NEW!)
Torrid is looking for a hands-on experienced Director of Store and EOM Systems to oversee and maintain the POS ecosystem and Enterprise Order Management System. You'll also plan and coordinate the processes required for the provisioning of user applications and systems necessary for business continuity. Sound good? Let's talk!
What you'll do...
- Define, analyze, and evaluate existing warehouse management, MHE and Unit Sorter (auto bagger, put wall) business functions and processes
- Lead multiple functions in the areas of distribution, supply chain, systems implementation, design, architecture, integration and production support for Torrid's core technologies.
- Oversee the implementation of information system strategies and procedures while investigating the organizational objectives and needs.
- Provide strategic guidance to application analysis, quality assurance, support, and overall project management based on our information system objectives specifically related to distribution and supply chain
- Manage the required project plans and resource plans for IT initiatives and oversee the development of these initiatives.
- Develop and maintain department budget and capital expenditures.
- Facilitate communication and project coordination with business partners. Ensure clear definition of tasks, resources and needed business partners. Resolve issues and/or resources constraints.
- Develop project status reports ensuring key issues are highlighted, communicated and followed-up.
- Manage software development projects through a recognized system development lifecycle. Lead and develop project team members including performance assessments and career guidance.
- Work directly with vendors to resolve product related functional/technical issues
- Implement software applications and systems in Torrid's multi-language system and provide in depth technical knowledge & guidance to our teams.
- Develop and execute information technology strategic plans for the advancement and promotion of technology-based solutions. Design, architect, customize and enhance Oracle Retail related products
- Split time between hands-on development, higher level engineering (architecting, reviewing technical design etc.) as well as day-to-day management of engineering and operations teams
- Make recommendations to management on opportunities for process improvements by utilizing and leveraging applications in this space.
- Meet with business partners, project managers, and vendor partners to determine project scope and vision, set system goals, identify and resolve system issues, and lead prioritization of build items
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications to stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood
- Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow; document risks and identify mitigation strategies
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developer’s / project team. This includes creating process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to the team
- Manage configuration changes for applications and ensure business continuity is managed by working with support team (weekend support, off-hour support would be needed).
- Define, coordinate, and manage the execution of test cases as part of the Quality Assurance process
- Provide orientation and training to end users for modifications to existing processes and new functionality
What you'll need...
- Bachelor’s degree In Computer science or similar field
- 7-10 years managing high performance software engineering teams while identifying, hiring and developing top talent
- 7-10 years owning and driving end-to-end product requirements across multiple teams, including business community
- At least 7 years in configuration/solutions evaluation/validation and deployment of POS and EOM systems
- 7-10 years of retail experience
- Experience with managing the day-to-day activities of an engineering team and working collaboratively with business, product, and design teams
- Proficient in both functional and technical aspects of Xstore POS and Manhattan EOM Systems or any other similar system/systems.
- Good understanding of Retail Transaction Fow and Ecommerce Order Flow to manage data integrity across the systems.
- Strong team player with the ability to work in project and production support models with a diverse group of individuals across multiple departments
- The ability to communicate ideas effectively, to listen to others’ ideas, and to collaborate to arrive at great solutions, including effective written communication skills and building good relationships across a larger organization
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and 24x7 operations
- Deep, hands-on technical expertise in rich user experiences and high scale, service-oriented architectures
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to write and execute complex SQL statements used in the research, investigation and resolution of WMS issues
- Demonstrates strategic thinking, problem-solving skills, business acumen, and a desire to deliver what’s right for customers
- Demonstrated success hiring technical staff, leading large development teams and continuously improving to raise the bar and maintain high standards
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
- Additional perks like a generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, café, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.
- Can't forget Thirsty Thursdays during the summer!
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf