Director, Internal Audit
Work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19
Join the fastest growing plus-size fashion retailer in the nation! We're looking for a Director, Internal Audit who will provide leadership to the internal audit team for timely and accurate scoping, design, and testing of internal controls in compliance with the Sarbanes–Oxley Act. With your breadth of technical accounting experience, you will also support the external financial reporting, audit, and review process. This position reports to the VP of Finance.
What You’ll Do:
- Manages the overall Sarbanes-Oxley/404 process.
- Responsible for assessing the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting (ICOFR) throughout the organization.
- Responsible for documenting in-scope processes, testing controls, monitoring results, remediating deficient controls and sharing results with leadership, including the audit committee.
- Assists in the external (quarterly and annual) review/audit process.
- Use knowledge of US GAAP and other accounting regulations and guidelines to determine qualitative and quantitative impact on Company.
- Conduct technical accounting research.
- Identifies areas for improvement and works with all levels of management to implement change as appropriate.
- Performs other job duties and projects, as needed.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related fields with CPA.
- 7-10 years of audit-related experience with Big 4 public accounting firm and client base of public companies.
- Retail client experience preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Act and COSO 2013
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP and other accounting regulations.
What You'll Get:
- Our open floor plan allows for a creative, collaborative and fun environment.
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and paid time off.
- Additional perks to consider are generous employee discount, access to employee-only sales, café, masseuse, gym, fitness and yoga classes, basketball court, and more.
Our company participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a program that electronically confirms a candidate’s eligibility to work in the United States after completing the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9). The information provided on the Form I-9 is compared to the records contained in the Social Security Administration and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) databases. This helps employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
E-Verify Poster: https://e-verify.uscis.gov/web/media/resourcesContents/E-Verify_Participation_Poster_ES.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (English): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/IER_RightToWorkPoster.pdf
Eligibility to Work Poster (Spanish): https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/IER_RighttoWorkPosterES.pdf
California Consumer Privacy Act Applicant Notice (CCPA): https://careers.jobvite.com/hottopic/torrid/Applicant-CCPA-Notice.pdf
EEO Poster: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf