|Under general supervision, performs patient preparations and screening processes, as well as transporting patients for the department.|
- Provides health care services in own job category to all age groups.
- Demonstrates competence in interpersonal relationships to all age groups.
- Utilizes Hospital Information System (HIS), Radiology Information System (RIS) and PACS.
- Maintains a safe working environment: ensures gurneys are in locked position except when transporting, ensures side rails are in up position as indicated, keeps unit free of hazards/clutter, adheres to infection prevention guidelines, disposes of infectious waste properly
- Speaks up when others are taking safety risks. Follows rules designed for personal protection and environmental safety, including safe use of equipment.
- Understands role in maintaining medication security to authorized personnel only.
- Adheres to infection prevention guidelines: Uses good hand washing technique, foam in and out of room. Adheres to isolation policy. Disposes of infectious waste properly.
- Transports and moves patients using appropriate body mechanics and safety precautions.
- Demonstrates knowledge and practice of safe patient handling devices.
- Follows Universal Protocol by using two patient identifiers prior to working with a patient. Uses the appropriate hand off communication techniques (SBAR) when bringing patients to and from the department.
- Assists outpatients from reception area to the department. Ascertains needs and the appropriate gowns to change into for exam. Ensures patient comfort and confidentiality at all times.
- Provides coverage for clerical staff when needed.
- Understands and carries out role in department and organizational emergency and disaster plans in a prompt and effective manner.
- Cleans and maintains all wheel chairs and gurneys.
- Meets safety needs of patients, and using equipment safely and properly ( O2, Hoyer lift, electric beds )
Department Specific Competencies
- Assists with answering telephone, scheduling appointments, confirming appointments and answering questions.
- Prepares patient’s paperwork for examinations.
- Orders and stocks department supplies.
- Assists technologist in cleaning and preparing exam room. Restocks linen and patient care supplies in the department.
- Answers the telephone courteously within three rings, identifying self and department, routes calls, ascertains needs and takes accurate messages as appropriate.
- Follows cleaning and high level disinfection of semi-critical devices, policy and procedures.
- Transports specimens to the laboratory.
- Utilizes MRI safety at all times. Watches MRIS safety video before working in MRI.
- Provides supportive care during patient's scans (hand holding, gentle verbal conversation, simple presence).
- Attends to difficult/claustrophobic patients.
- Screens visitors, other hospital employees and anyone entering the 5 Gauss line with any and all ferromagnetic materials, pacemakers, ID badges, tools, etc.
|High School Diploma/GED or Higher Education||N/A|
|Number of Years Experience||Type of Experience|
License / Certification Requirements
|BCLS or ACLS Certification|