The Staff RN uses the nursing process to deliver nursing care to a given patient care population as it relates to the care setting. Nursing care is based on the interpretation and execution of the medical and nursing plan of treatment utilizing established procedures standards and protocols of individuals within the assigned work shift. The Staff RN provides nursing care to the population served in the unit.
- Adheres to infection prevention guidelines
- Adheres to policies, procedures, and standards of practice to deliver safe and optimal care
- Assesses patient history, physiological, and psychosocial status
- Communicates with the patient, family, medical staff and others during the continuum of care
- Complies with Joint Commission’s national patient safety goals
- Complies with organizational quality dashboard/benchmarking goals
- Interprets common variables affecting patient care and follows reporting process
- Maintains regulatory compliance consistent with quality standards and ethical obligations of the profession
- Participates in activities in alignment with the Magnet Model
- Participates in organizational activities
- Participates in Peer Review
- Participates in professional development activities
- Performs as a preceptor in an active and engaged manner
- Provides age-specific individualized care that supports protection from harm and complies with patient safety centered interventions/bundles
- Provides patient and family education throughout the care of patient
- Uses critical thinking to formulate and carry out a care plan according to patient needs
- Utilizes resources in an economical manner
- Utilizes safe administration of medications
- Utilizes Safe Patient Handling
Department Specific Competencies
- Demonstrates Home Health specific competencies.
- Performs OASIS/Comprehensive assessment and completes documentation in a timely manner.
- Adheres to the guidelines regarding time points of specific questions, WOCN and outpatient infusion guidance.
- Oversees coordination, communication and facilitation of the patient plan of care in a timely manner, while involving the physicians, staff and other healthcare team members
- Submit weekly case management schedule to manager and coordinate care with interdisciplinary team, oversight of LVNs and CHHAs, and report any changes to manager immediately.
- Supervises and documents the home health aide plan of care every 2 weeks.
- Attends weekly case conference and staff meetings.
- Adheres to telecommuting policy and obtains pre-approval prior to use the code.
- Rotates on-call duties, responds within 20 minutes of receiving call, submits a call log next morning to the on call manager or team lead.” Would you put this back in halogen, so I can complete my RN job descriptions
- Adheres to annual I will statements.
|Number of Years Experience||Type of Experience|
|1||Clinical experience in healthcare|
License / Certification Requirements
|Registered Nurse License|
|BCLS or ACLS Certification|
|Drivers license, auto insurance and reliable transportation|