Product Implementation Manager
The Product Manager is responsible for understanding business needs, defining initiatives and prioritizing them based on business benefit, writing user stories and working with Engineering and QA to deliver them. Additionally, the Product Manager will guide the business through user acceptance testing and preparing the user community for upcoming deployments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop into a subject matter expert of the TMHCC’s technology and business and use this knowledge to proactively identify and implement system and process solutions.
- Partner with fellow Product and Project Managers to produce roadmaps that maximize business value/impact, improve user experience, and maintain technical integrity.
- Work with business partners to understand requirements and write/prioritize user stories in the backlog.
- Proactively recommend usability and functional product enhancements to meet customer’s needs.
- Work with Engineering and QA to ensure implemented solutions meet goals and success metrics.
- Oversee the work of business analysts where applicable.
- Develop and conduct UAT and training and champion product launches.
- May act as scrum master for product integration/launches/changes.
- Participate in opportunities to develop both personally and professionally.
- Adhere to Company compliance policy and values.
- Mentor and guide Project Managers and Implementation Specialists to ensure commitments are delivered to the lines of business
- Demonstrated success in IT Product Management in a highly collaborative and fast-paced agile environment
- Strong critical thinking and business-focused problem-solving skills with a strategic mindset.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with an ability to explain product decisions.
- Excellent story writing skills that are clear, well-organized, and well-understood by both the business and IT
- Strong knowledge of technology concepts.
- Experience in the Atlassian product set, specifically Jira & Confluence.
- Project management, group facilitation, time management experience.
- Ability work independently and be proactive with a sense of urgency working in a fast-paced environment that is continuously changing.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other related field is required.
- Five or more years of product management experience.
- Insurance industry experience desired.
- Certification in SAFE, PMI, Agile, Scrum or other project management methodology