Trainee Company Secretary
Trainee Company Secretary– Job Description
We have an opportunity for a graduate who is looking to pursue a career as a Company Secretary to join a busy Company Secretarial team to provide company secretarial administration and support to ensure the overall smooth and efficient running of the Tokio Marine HCC International governance structure.
We are seeking a motivated and confident individual with excellent communication and organisation skills, who has the enthusiasm and commitment to developing a career within the company secretarial field whilst undertaking relevant professional qualifications.
The role will require the employee to develop an understanding of TMHCC International’s corporate structure and business and develop an understanding of the principles and application of corporate governance best practice.
The Trainee Company Secretary’s primary responsibility is to support the Company Secretarial team by performing the following key duties/responsibilities:
- Supporting and assisting members with the preparation and maintenance of paper reminders, forward agenda planners, agenda, minute templates, action logs, collation and production of meeting packs and following up on action points;
- Supporting and assisting in the preparation of and collation of forms and other documents for Companies House, other overseas company registries and regulatory bodies;
- Updating TMHCC International corporate structure charts, board and committee governance structures;
- Supporting maintenance of the statutory and other records for all entities within the Tokio Marine HCC International group and assisting to ensure timely submission of statutory filings for those entities;
- Supporting and assisting with correspondence, queries, collating information, KYC requests/enquiries, banking authorities;
- Supporting and assisting with projects and continuous improvement initiatives;
- Supporting and assisting with the collation of information in connection with the quarterly parent company return;
- Supporting and assisting with a wide range of administrative tasks; and
- Supporting and assisting with research of legislative, regulatory and governance developments/changes.
There is scope for the role to develop and for the candidate to attend and start taking on responsibilities for support provided to management committee meetings, initially supported by another member of the Company Secretariat team.
- Develop understanding of the insurance industry and TMHCC International’s business
- Understand TMHCC International’s company and governance structures and the support provided to the business by the Company Secretarial team
- Familiarisation with the Company Secretarial team’s processes, procedures, and expectations
Skills and Experience Specification
- Educated to degree level
- Drive and commitment to the Company Secretarial profession and to complete the CGI (ICSA) qualification (if not completed)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, accuracy, and attention to detail
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of an organisation.
- Computer literate with an excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including Word (extensive formatting experience) and Excel, and relevant software.
- Previous company secretarial experience is desirable but not essential.
- Ability to work proactively under own initiative, prioritise, handle time pressures and manage multiple projects at the same time with flexibility to adapt to shifting expectations.
- Self-motivated, as well as a strong team player with a keen sense of ownership and desire for continuous improvement.