Sports Analytics Intern - Corporate
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company’s over 3,000 employees are industry-leading experts
Are you currently seeking a challenging opportunity to help develop sports analytics capabilities? At TMHCC, we have an exciting opportunity for a Sports Analytics Intern in our corporate office in Houston, TX.
In this role, you will use data to address key issues in the sports industry including player evaluation, sports science, and player development. A strong candidate will be pursuing a degree in a quantitative discipline and will have a demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse set of stakeholders. We will prioritize applicants with deep knowledge of modern statistical techniques and the creativity to identify novel analytical directions. The position requires strong organization and communication skills, and the ability to work on widely varying projects with distinct audiences. Candidates must have the ability and statistical range to draw insights from many different forms of sports data and a passion for improving sports decision-making.
- Use data to tell a story. Make insights and recommendations to help acquire new customers and grow our revenue.
- Use data analysis techniques to drive new product development and improve existing lines of business.
- Perform large-scale data analysis and develop effective predictive and descriptive analysis including various machine learning techniques, time series, regression, optimization, deep learning, etc.
- Use data visualizations to clearly and effectively aid key decision makers.
- Interact with business partners to understand their goals and objectives, develop analytic requirements, provide answers to business questions, make recommendations, and join forces in driving business improvement and optimization.
- 2 years of college coursework completed, working towards bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline
- Familiarity with concepts such as predictive analysis, cloud computing, machine learning, artificial intelligence, & Bayesian analysis
- Proficient with multiple statistical software packages and/or programming languages such as R, Python, SQL, Tableau, Shiny, etc.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data
- Sports knowledge to identify key questions and topics for analysis
- Strong knowledge of sports league structures, rules, current trends, recent sports analytics research, and associated data
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offer a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.