Payroll and Benefits Specialist - 12mth FTC
Overview: Payroll & Benefits Specialist
This is a 12-month fixed term position.
The Payroll and Benefits team are responsible for the outsourced processing of the monthly UK Payroll for HCC Service Company Inc. and international employees based in Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, and Netherlands. We also oversee and administer benefits for our locations across UK and Europe.
This role is responsible for the day-to-day co-ordination and timely completion of all the payrolls and assists with the administration of the benefits.
- Liaise with payroll provider BDO to process all country payrolls (approx. 900 employees) using BDO Systems and HCM PeopleSoft.
- Work with BDO to ensure that deadlines are met for employees to be paid accurately and on time in accordance with local and contractual legislation.
- Reconciliation of all payroll costs, in the relevant local currency, enabling the local contacts to approve their payrolls each month.
- Ensure that payroll processes are updated in a timely manner ensuring that they comply with Internal Audit compliance standards and JSOX/ISO requirements.
- Assist with the administration of all employee benefits, including salary sacrifice schemes for Pension and Childcare Vouchers, as well as Private Medical Insurance and the Cash Plan, Gym, season ticket loans, Life and PHI cover, EAP, GP Service and online benefit portal.
- Act as an expert for all employee queries relating to payroll, pensions, and employee benefit schemes.
- Liaise with Finance to complete monthly payroll reconciliations and ensure that GL codes are updated where necessary.
- Responsible for updating, correcting, and maintaining employee records using HCM PeopleSoft and BDO Evolve and act as HR expert for both systems.
- Assist with collecting payroll and benefit data to produce annual returns such as P11ds for the UK and Total Compensation Statements for the UK and Europe.
- Liaise with BDO to ensure year-end processes for all countries are completed.
- Updating of benefit guides, promotion of new and existing benefits alongside the Marketing team.
- Assist the Payroll & Benefits Manager with the preparation of the Short-Term Business Visitor Agreement, applications for A1 Certificates of Coverage, and other ex-pat related duties.
- Act as cover for the Payroll & Benefits Manager in relation to short-term absences e.g. annual leave.
- Other reasonable duties and projects as required.
Skills and Experience Specification:
- Proven track record of administrating end to end payroll in both UK and EU/other countries.
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to resolve issues demonstrating a good analysis of the options and sound judgment when making decisions.
- Shows initiative and proactivity by seeking and suggesting improvements to processes.
- Good Team Working as well as the ability to work autonomously.
- CIPP qualified or equivalent
- Vendor Management
- Ability to speak a second European language.
“Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, and other locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people do not even know exist.
Just as we invest in our company, we invest in our employees’ careers. We provide our employees a collaborative and rewarding environment within which to gain the knowledge, skills, and experience that lead to a rewarding career. Our products allow our customers to take on opportunity with confidence. In turn, our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and potential for career growth allow you to take on opportunity with confidence.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.