Senior IT Auditor
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company’s almost 3,000 employees are industry-leading experts.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior IT Auditor in our Corporate Headquarters located in Houston, TX.
It is an exciting time of growth, change and innovation for TMHCC. Do you want to continue to grow your career in IT Audit? As a valuable member of the Internal Audit team, the Senior IT Auditor will perform and lead complex information technology audits that add value and improve the company’s operations. You will also be responsible to evaluate and improve the information technology infrastructure using a systematic, disciplined approach for risk management effectiveness and for control and governance processes.
Assist in the development and execution of a comprehensive annual audit program for each of the business areas within the organization. This will primarily consist of the following:
- Perform Audit Planning – Planning will entail performing and documenting walkthroughs, documenting planning activities in TeamMate, completing risk assessments and determining associated audit testing steps based on the risk observed during walkthroughs and planning interviews with client management and audit team. Assist with drafting the audit engagement memorandum by developing the audit objectives and scope. Assist with presenting the proposed audit scope in the opening meeting. (30%)
- Perform Audit Testing – As part of the audit project, perform fieldwork testing including development of control/attribute testing templates, population and sample selection, performing test work, gathering support or evidence, documentation of the results, and issue/recommendation development. Confirm findings with the auditee and report potential findings during status meetings. Controls testing includes both risk-based audit and JSOX testing. These audits are related to IT General Controls, automated business application controls, IT infrastructure reviews, database platform reviews, operating system reviews, IT Governance, and integrated business audits. (40%)
- Assist with Audit Reporting – Develop issues using the 5 C’s (Criteria, Condition, Cause, Consequence, and Corrective Action) and assist audit management with drafting the report. Help to present draft report in the closing meeting, and work with the auditee in the development of their action plans. Perform closing steps in TeamMate. (15%)
- Remediation Testing - Perform remediation testing of reported issues to verify the issue has been corrected in accordance with the recommendation and remediation action plan. (10%)
- Special Projects – Participate in an advisory capacity on system implementation projects and special management requests. Suggest recommendations on ways to improve audit work processes (5%)
- Ideally, the successful candidate will have minimum of five years of relevant and progressive professional IT Audit experience
- Experience working with audit management system software, particularly TeamMate
- Experience with data analytics software
- Experience in leading projects and proven ability to drive results
- Working knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, internal auditing standards and Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies (COBIT)
- Insurance or financial services experience preferred
- Ability to build trust and relationships on an enterprise level is essential
- Comfortable learning about new technologies utilized in the company and developing methods to audit the technology as it is deployed.
- Enjoys a growing and evolving business environment.
- Exhibits excellent written and oral communication skills interacting with various levels of management. Must be able to explain technical issues and recommendations to both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Flexible and able to shift priorities and projects as needs present.
- Adept at managing multiple assignments at once while continuing forward progress in the completion of the audit plan.
- Overtime hours may be required to fulfill job responsibilities
- May require travel (10 – 15%) outside normal work location
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience
- Certified Information Systems (CISA) designation preferred
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.