Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company’s over 3,000 employees are industry-leading experts.
Renewable Energy Loss Adjusters
RELA are specialists in adjusting renewables/energy related losses including all aspects of: Hydroelectric, Wind turbines, Solar PV / CPT, Nuclear, Geothermal, Hydrogen, Wave, Conventional, and Offshore.
Senior Leadership Team Overview
You will be a licensed Loss Adjuster and oversee a team of Adjusters and specialists in resolving complex / contentious insurance claims. You will support them in understanding issues and understanding coverage; you will train and educate them by sharing your knowledge and experience. You will review their reports for Quality Assurance purposes and also provide feedback as to how/where improvements can be made. You will need to wear the hat of a Broker, Insured and Insurer and challenge your team in order to provide high quality reports/information to our Principals. You must be able to lead by example.
You will report directly to the CEO of RELA.
Working alongside the CEO you are expected to have a deep understanding of the US adjusting/insurance market; undertake business development; understand budgets and financial reporting; be able to monitor WiP and update forecasts; and support the CEO in management level discussions.
As Regional Manager (USA) you will be responsible for the USA, although initially there may be some additional assignments in Canada. Your day-to-day activities will vary but typically you will need to:
- Review Adjuster files and agree forward strategy
- QA reports and check adjustments are in line with Policy conditions
- Ongoing training and development for less experienced team members
- Develop and expand Third Party Expert support
- Meet with Insured, Insurers and Brokers to develop business and/or support a claim
- Keep up to date with local insurance industry practices, procedures and requirements
- Ensure Principals’ requirements/milestones are being met
- Handle a caseload of more complex claims
- Negotiate and resolve disputes
- Provide management information as and when required
What to expect
- You may need to attend sites both locally and overseas and will be expected to travel as required.
- The majority of time is desk based and additional hours may be required when liaising with overseas offices
- HQ is in Gracechurch Street, London, UK.
- USA office is in Newport Beach, California.
- You will spend your time between the office, home and sites.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience: Master’s degree a plus
- Minimum of ten years of relevant and progressive experience in multiple areas of specialization
- Minimum of six years of leadership experience
Tokio Marine HCC offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. Tokio Marine HCC and its subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.hcc.com (file://www.tmhcc.com/) for more information about our companies.