Compliance Analyst – Conduct Risk
Job Title: Compliance Analyst - Conduct Risk
Why Tokio Marine HCC?
Standing still is not an option in the current world of Insurance. TMHCC are one of the world’s leading Specialty Insurers. With deep expertise in our chosen lines of business, our unparalleled track record and a solid balance sheet, TMHCC evaluates and manages risk like no one else in the industry. Looking beyond profit, empowering our people and delivering on our commitments are at the core of our customer values, and so is a desire to grow and provide creative and innovative solutions to our clients.
The main purpose of the role is to assist in managing all matters relating to insurance distribution, product governance, conduct risk and complaints, to ensure it meets regulatory expectations.
Based in Luxembourg and reporting to the Senior Compliance Officer, this role within our Conduct Risk Team of the TME Legal and Compliance function will support and maintain the culture of compliance and good governance for our various insurance platforms.
The postholder will be well-organised and proactive, providing support to the team. In doing so, the capability to integrate within the business, engage with stakeholders, as well as provide high quality reporting with a strong attention to detail, will be crucial to success.
- To assist on all matters relating to the requirements deriving from the European and Luxembourgish Insurance Distribution framework (product governance, value for money, conflicts of interest), conduct risk, and handling of complaints.
- To assist in the annual review of Product Risk Assessments and the completion of any new Assessments for new products or where material changes have been made to existing products.
- To assist in production of Conduct Management Information for the Product Governance & Distribution Committee (PGDC), the TME Risk, Capital, and Compliance Committee (RCCC) and various Committees, as required.
- To assist in maintaining good records and a set of procedures for the Product Governance & Distribution Framework.
- To assist with the completion and submission of various regulatory returns (e.g., complaints, annual attestations, etc.) as necessary.
- To assist in the investigation of complaints as required, providing acknowledgements and Final Response Letters on a timely basis. Maintaining appropriate records in that regard.
- To work alongside the Senior Compliance Officer on providing a multi-faceted educational and compliance training program on Conduct Risk, Product Governance and Complaints.
- To support the regulatory risk assessments and requests for information, thematic reviews, and internal audits.
- To liaise with all business functions as appropriate and respond to compliance queries comprehensively and in a timely manner.
- To collaborate with other departments (e.g. International Enterprise Risk and Internal Audit), ensuring that compliance issues identified are escalated for investigation and resolution as appropriate.
- To assist the Senior Compliance Officer as required in the implementation of those compliance-related objectives within the TME Legal & Compliance Plan.
- Contribute to the preparation of the reports for the Product Governance & Distribution Committee
- Deliverables of good quality
- Become an integrated part of the TME Legal & Compliance Team
Essential Skills and Experience Specification:
- Knowledge of the European and the Luxembourgish Insurance Distribution framework, including Conduct Risk
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- An instinct to be proactive, collaborative and helpful to colleagues, following up tasks appropriately, keeping the team up-to-date on activities and progress
- Participate in all departmental activities (training, controls, maintenance, and reporting) as required
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office.
- Language skills – English.
- Language skills – French, German, Spanish, or Italian.
- Experience of similar responsibilities in a legal or compliance role within an insurance company, the Lloyd’s market or other financial institution preferable.
“Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, and other locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people do not even know exist.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies. #LI-NW1 #Hybrid