NPAS Programme – Project Manager - Contractor
This Work Order is for an Outside IR35 Project Manager on an initial 12-month contract.
TMHCC is running a Programme that will address significant pain points and deliver benefits to the organisation’s lines of business and finance function.
A critical piece of work is underway to define the end-to-end target architecture for policy administration which will deliver against the expected business outcomes. As this work progresses and sufficient knowledge, certainty and agreement is gained, projects will be mobilised to select technology options (where appropriate) and commence delivery for prioritised business areas.
TMHCC’s Professional Risks business has now been prioritised (as per above) and an experienced Project Manager is required to hit the ground running and quickly mobilise and lead a project to deliver against their expected outcomes. The initial focus will be to guide the business through a Request For Proposal (RFP) / selection exercise whilst putting in place all the necessary foundations to move the project into delivery when appropriate.
The successful candidate will be outcomes driven and will have an insurance background. He/She will also have demonstrable experience leading businesses through RFPs and delivering end-to-end solutions for the business.
Scope of Services & Description of Required Work
In Scope - Key Responsibilities:
- Providing expert leadership and end-to-end project management to plan, manage and deliver all aspects of the project.
- Leading and project managing all aspects of the RFP process for selecting a technology solution for the business.
- Establishing effective communication and collaboration across all impacted areas and stakeholders.
- Preparing and or maintaining the project plans and budgets.
- Reporting project status, actively managing the RAID log and monitoring overall progress and use of resources, initiating or supporting corrective action where necessary.
- Work with PMO to respond to ad hoc requests from the programme and its stakeholders.
In Scope - Skills and Experience Specification:
The successful candidate will be a seasoned project manager with experience managing RFPs and leading complex technology enabled projects/programmes.
- Excellent communicator at all levels with strong stakeholder engagement and a proven ability to influence.
- Ability to explore and challenge sensitively, mindful of organizational history and culture.
- Experience of managing multiple end-to-end implementations facing into the business (rather than IT) as part of a large programme.
- Proven track record of leading delivery as part of a matrix organisation that includes onshore/offshore, internal and third party resources.
- Ability to drive both the business aspects of the project as well as manage the IT/technical delivery teams.
- Strong understanding of the full SDLC under different methodologies.
- End-to-end delivery experience within general insurance.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the general insurance market and core business capabilities required.
- Fit and Proper checks / Background vetting completed
- Will join required project meetings
- Will inform TMHCC Manager of days away