Regulatory Affairs Associate
Responsible for regulatory state filings product life cycle management of specialty, commercial lines, and personal lines products. Responsible for development of drafting SERFF policy forms, rule and rate filings. Reports to the Director of Regulatory Product Filings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Work closely with Product Management, Claims, Underwriting and IT in the development of the product portfolio, and in the processes required to generate, file, and otherwise maintain the content of personal lines contracts.
- Monitor all property/casualty insurance legislation and regulations impacting TMHCC products and operations.
- Serve as a countrywide Subject Matter Expert (SME) pertaining to state filing of forms, rules, filing procedures, coverage issues and regulatory compliance.
- Conduct research and analysis on legal issues, competitor products, market needs, and emerging issues to make recommendations for changes or additions to commercial and specialty products.
- Partner with Underwriting, Claims, General Counsel Office, Underwriting, and other business stakeholders in the execution of the product rationalization and product configuration process relative to submitted state filings.
- Track, analyze and interpret laws and regulations relevant to property and casualty insurance for purposes of determining state filings impact.
- Oversee state filings life cycle to implement changes.
- Interact with other key stakeholders with respect to product features and product development strategy as well as shared initiatives, shared compliance issues, and Marketing and IT support needs.
- Provide both internal training on SERFF and databases.
- Maintain awareness of current events and topics at the local and regional level and maintain relations and liaise with local industry trade associations and other relevant organizations and stakeholders.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Knowledge of industry-standard commercial and personal lines programs of insurance, including coverage concepts, rating procedures, and underwriting philosophies
- Experience in product development, pricing, or state filings and regulatory compliance are preferred.
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills as well as a proven record of project management.
- Experience working with insurance departments on regulatory and legislative issues and demonstrated ability to develop relationships with regulators, industry, trade organizations, and other stakeholders and advocate on company's behalf a plus.
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically to advance TMHCC's interests.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- 5+ years of Property and Casualty industry experience
- SERFF Experience
- Juris Doctor, or CPCU designation a plus.
- Understanding and use of TMHCC products.