Senior Underwriter - Miscellaneous Professional Liability
Senior Underwriter – Miscellaneous Professional Liability
Do you enjoy creative problem solving and working independently in a collaborative team environment?
We are looking for an experienced underwriter to join our Miscellaneous Professional Liability (MPL) underwriting team. This position will be located in any of our regional offices (Encino CA; Concord, CA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY; Mount Kisco, NY; Atlanta, GA), and will report to the Underwriting Product Manager.
Our MPL products are designed to provide coverage for specified professionals across a wide variety of business sectors. This includes Real Estate, Insurance Agents/Brokers and other Miscellaneous Professionals. The team is located in several offices across the country with decades of combined experience.
This is a market facing production underwriting role on a close-knit team of highly motivated and productive individuals. You will be responsible for underwriting new and renewal business and developing relationships with our key customers to achieve our teams shared objectives. You will need to be able to operate with minimal supervision yet know when to seek guidance or approval, have a willingness to speak up and promote positive change, be results oriented and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
The qualities of our ideal candidate:
- Independent and Self-motivated
- Articulate and Analytical
- Detail oriented and Outcome focused
- Creative solution driven problem solver
- Strong interpersonal skills and a Collaborative team player
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage/prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Production – Achieve your individual premium and productions targets which include:
- Management and underwriting of your renewal book, achieving a target renewal retention ratio, and servicing your renewals throughout the year.
- New business premium goals, quote, and workflow management targets
- Marketing & Relationship Development – In this role you will be responsible for marketing our products and to proactively foster and develop positive relationships with key customers.
- Profitability and Compliance – Profitability is a pillar in our corporate objectives, we strongly believe that you will develop a profitable book of business if you are disciplined and consciously operate within your granted underwriting authority, within the parameters of the underwriting guidelines, and follow direction given by compliance.
- Collaboration/Teamwork – As a team we work together to achieve our collective goals, this requires collaborating with your peers on our team and within other aligned business unites including claims, product development, accounting, and operations.
- Underwriting Expertise –We want you to continually develop your underwriting expertise which will be achieved through conscious learning on the job and with support from us. This is an objective that adds value to our team, but it is also important for your personal development.
Experience & Education
- A 4-year BA/BS degree.
- 3-5 years of relevant underwriting experience in Miscellaneous Professional Liability.
- Consideration will also be given to candidates with less direct underwriting experience if their current position supports another Professional Liability product.
- Efficient with Microsoft suite of products
If your experience matches these requirements, please apply WITH A COVER LETTER INCLUDING SALARY RANGE REQUIREMENTS.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offer a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.