Senior Property Claims Adjuster
Under the supervision of the Property Claims Manager the Senior Property Claims Adjuster will handle mid to large commercial property, inland marine. This is an exciting time to join the Public Risk Group as we accelerate our growth!
Tokio Marine HCC offers a competitive salary, generous benefits program, matching 401(k), and a supportive working environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze coverage issues, conduct investigations, and evaluate damages and liability to determine validity of mid-level to complex property claims. Formulate and issue coverage position letters, seeking appropriate authority from management.
- Communicate with insureds and agents and provide customer service to the high standards of the company.
- Investigate claims by conducting interviews, assigning an Independent Adjuster to complete an on-site scene investigation, and preparing written correspondence to insureds, agents, and claimants.
- Ability to analyze an estimate of structural damage written with Xactimate software.
- Review contractor estimates, independent adjuster reports, appraiser reports, and engineering reports to determine extent of damages.
- Determine legal responsibility and other defenses such as governmental immunity for third- party property damage claims.
- Recommend reserves and settlements that are in excess of the defined authority limit.
- Recommend and present proposed settlement terms for claims that are in excess of the defined authority limit.
- Negotiate claim settlements with insureds, contractors, and other parties in the claims process within defined authority limit.
- Maintain claim files and documents in accordance with company policy and procedures.
Required Education/Training & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- Minimum of three-five years of relevant and progressive professional experience in insurance claims.
- Current State Adjuster's License(s) or willingness to obtain/reactivate license(s).
Other Desired Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Consistently presents oneself professionally in varied business settings.
- Advanced organizational and analytical focus with high attention to detail.
- Effective at managing time and resources to accomplish multiple tasks in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Problem-solving approach to business issues.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tokiomarinehcc.com for more information about our companies.