Project / Change Manager
Tokio Marine HCC (TMHCC) is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, Ireland, and other exciting locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people don't even know exist.
Just as we invest in our company, we invest in our employees' careers. We provide our employees with a collaborative and rewarding environment to gain the knowledge, skills, and experience that lead to a rewarding career. Our products allow our customers to take on opportunity with confidence. In turn, our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and potential for career growth allow you to take on opportunity with confidence.
Project / Change Manager
Tokio Marine Europe SA (TME) was created in 2018 to ensure that the Tokio Marine Group can continue servicing its clients in the European Economic Area following Brexit. TME has branches in ten European countries, and its mission is to become an integrated and scalable insurance platform. To achieve that over the next years, TME has embarked on many significant projects such as continuously improving local branches' business processes, enhancing Target Operating Model and matrix functioning, and fully integrating all TME branches into one architecture.
As Project / Change Manager, you will be employed by our legal entity Tokio Marine Europe S.A. Spanish Branch which trades under the Tokio Marine HCC name. You will be leading multiple projects and supporting various workstreams across Europe to strengthen our operating model. Frequent travelling to all the main TME European offices and London will be expected.
You will join a dynamic organisation that is going through a substantial transformation. Forming part of the TME Project Management Office (PMO) team, you will have the opportunity to realise realise significant changes to support the Company's mission.
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about change and projects. A dedicated person willing to work in a team, learn new skills, share knowledge and explore how to achieve the best organisational framework. A professional with a proven track record of successfully managing projects and experience in building effective relationships.
Please note that this is not an IT PM role. Therefore, candidates with mainly IT project management experience will not be considered.
- Engage with business stakeholders to define the project needs: scope, delivery strategy, timelines, costs, and deliverables.
- Manage projects and change impact effectively and efficiently within agreed governance structures and PMO processes to ensure consistency of approach and best use of resources.
- Interact with stakeholders at all levels. Ensure that the objectives of any work are commonly understood and agreed upon.
- Utilise project plans and schedules to monitor all activities.
- Conduct 'As-Is' process mapping.
- Organise all project-related paperwork.
- Consistently monitor costs, progress, and quality of a project.
- Manage relationships amongst stakeholders by building confidence and trust thanks to clear professional communications and assure expectation management.
- Report progress to the different levels of the organisation in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner.
- Create momentum and excitement around initiatives and new approaches.
- Escalate, as appropriate, any risks and issues that may negatively impact the project delivery on resources and/or deliverables.
- Work with different organisational layers to identify opportunities for business improvements across the operating model (people, process, and systems).
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- More than 5 years of experience in delivering projects across all lifecycle phases, for example, in management consulting or organisational or transformation projects.
- Demonstrable business change delivery experience.
- Fluent in English (written & spoken). Any additional European language is a plus.
- Ability to build effective project teams.
- Ability to interpret and synthesise regulatory, business, and technical information to ensure that the proposed solutions lead to the desired business outcomes.
- Ability to communicate with clarity and confidence at all levels.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Know how to navigate a matrix structure to identify the relevant stakeholders to support successful project delivery.
- Proven ability to manage by influence.
- Strong analytical skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Remain calm, effective and positive even when under pressure; take ownership.
- Active listening.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Availability to travel.
- Seek advice from peers, stakeholders in regards to the program/project.
- Experience within an insurance company
- Certified Green Belt Lean Six Sigma