SQL DB Developer-Programmer Analyst
Tokio Marine HCC (TMHCC) brings 45 years of service to the specialty insurance industry, today offering over 100 products to commercial customers in 180 countries around the world. Organic growth and over 60 successful acquisitions have grown our 2019 Gross Written Premium (GWP) to $4.9 Billion. Our workforce has grown to 4300 worldwide … big, but not so big that you cannot make a difference. Our Good Company values, including integrity, empowerment, and commitment to customer service, and a culture of innovation, communication, and collaboration make TMHCC a great place to work.
TMHCC Stop Loss, a $1.4 Billion group of TMHCC, leads the way in providing medical stop loss insurance sold to employers. Medical Stop Loss provides an added layer of insurance protection to employers who choose to self-fund their health benefit plans. Self-funding can incur risks from catastrophic claims, and Medical Stop Loss insurance from Tokio Marine HCC is designed to protect employers from that risk. Headquartered in Kennesaw, Georgia, we have a key opportunity for someone to create custom software to support the operations of this unit.
Tokio Marine HCC – Stop Loss Group is seeking a skilled, team-oriented Programmer Analyst with an emphasis on SQL Development to join their IT department. The ideal candidate will have strong architecting and data modeling skills, and traditional SQL administrative knowledge.
This position works in the office 3 days per week and remotely 2 days.
- Data Modeling: Create data models that illustrate relationships between tables and other database objects. Create and document constraints that ensure integrity of data.
- SQL: Create queries that are efficient with an emphasis on performance. Develop stored procedures, views, and functions. Diagnose and tune poorly performing queries. Implement transactions when appropriate to ensure data integrity.
- Analysis and Design: Work with analysts, end users, and other developers to analyze and design solutions that meet business objectives. TMHCC Stop Loss has business analysts and end users that participate in system development. These personnel have varying analytical skills which require SQL developers to collaborate with these individuals and develop solutions that meet business objectives.
- SQL Server Integration Services: Create SSIS packages as needed that do various ETL processes.
- SQL Server Reporting Services: Create SSRS reports as needed. Data sources for these reports will be SQL Server Analysis Services cubes or stored procedures.
Early Deliverables Include:
- Quickly familiarize yourself with the core systems that the development team maintains. TMHCC Stop Loss has several core systems that were created in-house. These systems support our insurance operations and our fiduciary and statutory reporting requirements.
- Start working on a project that will be assigned to you by your development manager. TMHCC Stop Loss has numerous projects underway and other projects that have not started yet. These projects vary in scope. Some projects are within our data warehouse platform. Other projects are ETL in nature. Other projects are traditional client/server applications. You will be assigned to a project based on business priority and development team needs.
- Minimum 5 years database development in Microsoft SQL 2012 or above.
- T-SQL performance tuning.
- Past success creating database objects (tables, stored procedures, etc.) to support various interfaces and processes.
- Demonstrated experience with database design and analysis.
- Strong experience with data analysis.
- Ability to create SQL Server Integration Services packages.
- Knowledge of SQL transactions and how to utilize transactions when appropriate.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Basic understanding of SQL Database Administration. Including but not limited to database backups/restores, transaction logs, and performance criteria.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server security: authentication, logins/roles, users/schema, permissions, encryption.
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services knowledge is beneficial, but not required.
Education and/or Certifications
- HS Diploma.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Certifications will be considered but are not required.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.