European Internal Controls Senior Analyst
Job Title: European Internal Controls Senior Analyst
Position Type: Permanent
Location: 1 Aldgate, London,
Hybrid working: 3 days in the office 2 working from home.
Why Tokio Marine HCC?
Standing still is not an option in the current world of Insurance. TMHCC are one of the world’s leading Specialty Insurers. With deep expertise in our chosen lines of business, our unparalleled track record and a solid balance sheet, TMHCC evaluates and manages risk like no one else in the industry. Looking beyond profit, empowering our people and delivering on our commitments are at the core of our customer values, and so is a desire to grow and provide creative and innovative solutions to our clients.
Job Purpose and Team Structure:
To provide quality internal controls work and support to TMHCC companies in UK and Europe.
This role will report to our Senior Internal Controls Director in our Houston Head office however, the position will also be supported on a day-to-day basis by our London based European Internal Audit Manager. The role will sit within our hugely experience European Internal Audit team.
With support from the team the successful candidate will identify, prepare documentation, analyse, design, assess, and report on financial and business process controls for JSOx compliance.
Relying on experience and judgment, this role is responsible for accomplishing the following assignments which are varied in nature.
- Participate in control identification activities including walkthroughs and process mapping across all business areas, including delivery against JSOx.
- Advise control owners in control development and design.
- Test JSOx controls regularly for design and operational effectiveness.
- Develop complete and accurate workpapers to document and support findings and work performed.
- Identify and analyze deficiencies in internal controls, recommend changes for management review, assist the business with the development of remediation plans, and monitor remediation efforts within the deficiency tracker application, RAPTracker.
- Work closely with Internal Audit in the UK (UK IA) and Internal Controls (IC) in Houston, TX and report results to UK IA and IC management.
- Coordinate documentation and communication with Senior Management and external auditors.
- Contribute to the identification, implementation and embedding of controls around new systems.
- Assist with the gathering of project and user acceptance testing (UAT) documentation for new system implementation/application upgrade prior to Go Live.
- Develop work plans, establish timelines, and set goals for assigned work.
- Meet commitments on deadlines.
- Review activities, results, and recommendations with management and clients as appropriate.
• Accounting / Finance related degree or equivalent experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Designations:
- Preferred but not essential: CIA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Ideally 5 years relevant and progressive professional experience within Auditing, Risk, Compliance or Finance including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX or JSOx) controls experience.
Other Skills/Personal Specifications:
- Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Experience with Governance, Risk, and Compliance software a plus.
- Possess and have ability to apply broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to differentiate between controls and processes and to confidently articulate the same to others.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy.
- Exceptional organisational and analytical skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company's business to proactively respond to changing business environment.
- Understanding of the regulatory environment and the implications for the first line activity.
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
- Spanish, German or French language would be helpful but not essential.
- Willingness to travel, most specifically UK and Europe (around 10% or less of the role).
- Ability to work well alongside a very busy internal audit team.
What We Offer
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.