Senior Claims Examiner, Cyber Specialist
Imagine you are an independent small business owner. An employee clicks on a link in an e-mail and your whole computer system is encrypted by ransomware. The malicious actor demands a $500,000 ransom payment in the form of bitcoin in exchange for a decryption key. You realize you have been a victim of cyber extortion. What do you do?
Call your insurance company … and speak with a qualified Senior Claims Examiner, who will assist in the investigation and resolution of this incident and mitigate any financial exposure.
The Tokio Marine HCC – Cyber & Professional Lines Group is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, detail-oriented Senior Claims Examiner - Cyber Specialist to join our growing Claims Department and manage Cyber Liability claims.
If you are looking to enhance your insurance career in a fast-paced environment with a global, ever-growing company, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Open Market Claims team.
The Cyber & Professional Lines Group, a member of Tokio Marine HCC, is a long-time industry leader, offering innovative insurance solutions including state-of-the-art Cyber Liability, Tech E&O, Employment Practices, and a broad range of professional liability coverage for businesses throughout the United States.
The Senior Claims Examiner, Cyber Specialist handles both first party and third-party Cyber Liability claims. The position requires the handling of active breaches on an urgent basis, approving statements of work, discussing claim facts and any potential coverage issues with insureds, breach counsel and/or defense counsel. The Senior Claims Examiner, Cyber Specialist is also responsible for determination of probable loss exposure and establishment of reserves, as well as maintenance of claim files and documents in accordance with Company policy and procedure. This individual will report directly to the Director, Claims - Cyber & Tech and will work claims with limited supervision from his or her desk. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, analytical, customer-service oriented and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Gain understanding of the insurance policies and department procedures and systems: During the first 60 to 90 days, understand how the claims department operates within the Tokio Marine HCC structure through direct training and interactions with different claims staff, underwriters, brokers and carrier-clients. Be able to navigate the claims systems. Demonstrate ability to accurately analyze claims presenting moderate to significant exposure, as well as complex coverage issues. Prioritize multiple competing tasks within strict deadlines.
- Be proficient in insured/broker communications and develop skills needed to work independently: During the first 60 to 90 days, demonstrate ability to contact insureds, conduct independent investigations, and communicate the Company’s coverage position, with an emphasis on providing exceptional customer service. Be able to independently manage all aspects of a growing inventory of claims.
- Succeed in an independent working environment: Within 12 months, work independently drafting coverage letters, completing authority requests when needed, and resolving claims as appropriate within defined authority with limited management oversight. Provide guidance and mentor less experienced Claims Examiners within the team and assist Claims Management with claims reporting and marketing efforts.
Experience & Education
- Educational requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent education and experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years handling first party and third-party Cyber Liability Claims required
- Technical Skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Key Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced organizational and analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, managing time and resources to accomplish multiple tasks in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to conduct oneself professionally in varied business settings.
Travel Expectations (if applicable)
- Travel up to 20% may be required.
If your experience matches these requirements, please apply WITH A COVER LETTER INCLUDING SALARY RANGE REQUIREMENTS.
Tokio Marine HCC offers a competitive salary, generous benefits program, matching 401(k), and a supportive working environment. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.