Tokio Marine HCC – Surety Group, a member of the Tokio Marine Group of Companies, has an exciting, entry level opportunity for a Commercial Underwriter at our Los Angeles, CA home office.
When a home is being remodeled, how can you distinguish between a great plumbing company and a so-so plumbing company?
Are you able to analyze financial information to understand the past, present, and future of a business?
Are you a good detective for finding inconsistencies and missing information?
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team of commercial bond underwriters to service thousands of different commercial surety bonds. Our Los Angeles home office is comprised of a collaborative team of professionals.
The primary responsibilities of the Commercial Underwriter are to review company information profiles for completeness and accuracy, research company histories and credit worthiness, analyze financial information, and develop future opportunities through collaborative, service-minded business relationships.
Performance Objectives and Timeline
- During the first 30 days: Learn the basics of our company and commercial surety bonds – what we do, our systems and processes, and get to know the members of our team.
- During the first 3 months: Underwrite California license and permit bonds based on credit scores and credit history.
- During the first 6 months and beyond: Underwrite additional types of commercial bonds, including bonds issued in other states.
Experience & Education Qualifications
- We prefer a degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience
- Systems: Facility with using programs, systems, and gathering information from multiple sources
- Success characteristics:
- Good understanding of financial information
- Strong analytical skills
- Keen eye for accuracy, details, finding errors / missing information
- Customer service mindset – responsive with external customers and internal colleagues
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Curiosity to learn, and initiative to do more
- Because this is a cash-sensitive position, a background credit check will be conducted on an annual basis.
For candidates working in person or remotely in Los Angeles, the reasonable pay range for this specific position is $27.86 to $38.30 per hour. The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the Company. The Company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of color, race, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local pay equity laws. The salary range is the range THMCC, in good faith, believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future, and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. Even within the pay range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market and business considerations.
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance company with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, and other locations. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, a hybrid schedule, and the strength, stability, growth, and profitability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine Group of Companies.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.