Assistant Company Secretary - Interim fixed term contract
Interim Assistant Company Secretary - Fixed Term Contract
To proactively support the Company Secretary & Corporate Counsel in providing company secretarial services to TMHCC International group of companies and to ensure compliance with relevant UK and overseas legal and regulatory requirements.
The Assistant Company Secretary will have accountability for company secretarial services for Committees/Groups and certain subsidiaries, including arranging Committee/Group meetings, attending the meetings and minute taking, and maintaining corporate records.
The Assistant Company Secretary will assist with corporate governance projects and initiatives to ensure compliance with relevant regulatory requirements. In the capacity of Assistant Company Secretary, will provide advice on corporate governance matters to management, directors and the Company Secretarial team and will perform skilled corporate secretarial administrative duties.
We are recruiting for a Fixed Term Contract while the recruitment for a permanent replacement takes place.
- Responsible for the company secretarial functions relating to certain Committees/Group by ensuring effective preparation for, administration of, and follow-up of all meetings.
- Provide advice on corporate governance and regulatory matters to group directors and officers.
- Responsible for the UK corporate regulatory filings and corporate records.
- Establish and align procedures and policies to conform to UK and relevant international regulatory changes affecting corporate governance.
- Undertake various corporate governance projects.
- Provide company secretarial support on corporate projects.
- Providing support in respect of Power of Attorney’s for Tokio Marine HCC International’s group companies, including drafting and/or reviewing Powers of Attorney and arranging execution and notarisation/legalisation.
Sustainability (including Climate Risk)
- Conduct research into sustainability, including Climate Risk and identify ways in which TMHCC International can embed sustainability into its business and operations.
- Propose to the Sustainability and Climate Risk Committee initiatives/strategies to address the PRA’s Climate Risk requirements and operational environmental concerns including energy use, recycling, use of technology.
- Work closely with the Chief Underwriting Officer – London Market; CRO; Group Chief Operations Officer and the individuals responsible for the Climate Risk recommendations/actions, in order to generate progress reports/summaries and any further actions required.
- Draft Sustainability and Climate Risk documentation for review by the Executive team, including strategies/policies relating to Climate Risk and Sustainability
- Draft Sustainability and Climate Risk Board/Committee Reports on behalf of the Chief Underwriting Officer – London Market (Climate Risk SMF) and Chief Operations Officer.
Skills and Experience
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualification
- Educated to degree level and ICSA qualified.
- Ideally 3-5 years previous company secretarial experience, to include: company administration, board/committee support (including minute writing).
- Experience in insurance/regulated (FCA/PRA/Lloyd’s) environment.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral, with experience communicating with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly organized – able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Solution focussed – an ability to investigate and respond to queries and issues arising.
- Experience of minuting meetings.
- Computer literate with an excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, including Word (extensive formatting experience) and Excel, and relevant software (including Board Portal software).
- Excellent knowledge of UK company law and corporate governance requirements.
- Ability to work proactively under own initiative, prioritise, handle time pressure and manage multiple projects at the same time with flexibility to adapt to shifting expectations.
- Self-motivated, as well as a strong team player with a keen sense of ownership and desire for continuous improvement.
- An ability to establish credibility with and inspire confidence in all stakeholders, and to exercise judgment in dealing with sensitive and confidential issues.