Senior Project Manager
Tokio Marine HCC (TMHCC) is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, Ireland, and other exciting locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people don't even know exist.
Just as we invest in our company, we invest in our employees' careers. We provide our employees a collaborative and rewarding environment within which to gain the knowledge, skills, and experience that lead to a rewarding career. Our products allow our customers to take on opportunity with confidence. In turn, our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and potential for career growth allow you to take on opportunity with confidence.
Senior Project Manager
Tokio Marine Europe SA (TME) was created in 2018 to ensure that the Tokio Marine Group can continue servicing its clients in the European Economic Area in the event of Brexit. TME has branches in ten European countries, and its mission is to become an integrated and scalable insurance platform. To achieve that over the next years, TME will embark on many significant projects such as continuously improving local branches' business processes, enhancing Target Operating Model and matrix functioning, and fully integrating all TME branches into one architecture.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager who is keen to support the TME Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure all projects are successfully delivered using best-practice Project Management (PM) methodology. This role will report directly to the Head of PMO TME.
As Senior Project Manager, you will be employed by our legal entity Tokio Marine Europe S.A. Spanish Branch. You will structure and manage the workstreams across Europe to deliver efficiencies in our operating model. This will include shaping outcomes, agreeing on measurable objectives, agreeing on a unified plan, and providing robust comms.
- Work with business/function owners to identify opportunities for business improvements across all layers of the operating model (people, process, and systems).
- Engage with business stakeholders to define the project approach, delivery strategy, objectives, timelines, costs, and deliverables.
- Interact with stakeholders at all levels to ensure: the objectives of any work undertaken are commonly understood and agreed upon; progress against those objectives is communicated in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner.
- Conduct 'As-Is' process mapping.
- Identify organizational pain points.
- Identify business requirements.
- Responsible for the project deliverables.
- Manage change impact effectively and efficiently.
- Escalate, as appropriate, any risks and issues that may negatively impact the project's delivery on resources and/or deliverables.
- Coach/mentor the project team members, both inside and outside the PMO structure.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in management consulting or transformation project management, leading multiple teams/workstreams.
- Substantial project management experience and ability to demonstrate management of cross-functional/cross-discipline teams both through direct leadership and influence.
- Demonstrable business change delivery experience.
- Experience in delivering projects across all lifecycle phases.
- Proven ability to manage by influence.
- Understanding of matrix structures to identify the relevant stakeholders for successful project completion.
- Ability to understand regulatory, business, and technical information to ensure that the proposed solutions will deliver the desired business outcomes
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team.
- Ability to build effective project teams.
- Proficiency in managing multiple tasks/work streams concurrently, prioritising accordingly to ensure consistent delivery to time.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Fluent in English (written & spoken). Any additional European language a plus
- Frequent travelling to all the main TME European offices and London will be expected.
- Experience within an insurance company
- Certified Green Belt Lean Six Sigma