Senior UX Designer - Remote
When you’re making a decision about how to advance your career, finding a company with people as passionate about technology as you are can be hard to find. And, wouldn’t it be amazing if that passion also came with a casual work environment and a company that was so efficient they were able to drive success in a 35 hour work week? The answer is YEAH – it would be! InsureMyTrip is an industry leader in travel insurance, who believes that empowering our people and fostering innovation will allow our products to continue to lead the travel insurance market.
InsureMyTrip is adding a user centric Senior UX Designer to create unique web experiences and interactions for our users.
- Serve as the UX SME in the product development process providing data driven results.
- Deep dive into our existing website, digest our customer research and feedback, to uncover desirable web interactions for customers across multiple products or services.
- Understand the User Experience across any device and create recommendations based on emerging trends and expert knowledge.
- Collaborate with Product Owners to develop business cases that illustrate the importance of new recommendations based on user data and your understanding of business strategy.
- Develop and communicate your vision and designs through storyboards, wireframes, prototypes and other artifacts needed as you work with our cross-functional teams to deliver innovative products.
- Understand emerging UX design trends and best practices, always working to stay up to date and communicate your findings. Be a strong advocate for intentional design.
- Exercise clear communication with both development teams and QA analysts while producing detailed specifications and designs to hand off to respective teams.
- Determine the brand and website feel in conjunction with Director of Marketing.
- Provide leadership and direction to other designers.
Desired Experience & Abilities
- Extensive UX design experience for ecommerce websites and web applications
- Proven track record of researching, designing, and delivering exceptional user experiences
- The ability to effectively work in a collaborative manner with other individuals and teams in an agile environment, including the ability to refine and prioritize stories
- Ability to apply the use of Google Analytics, Optimize, Hot Jar, user testing, customer interviews, small focus-groups, surveys, etc. to UX initiatives
- Outstanding UX empathy with a great ability to solve user’s problems
- Strong working knowledge of design / prototype tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD, Axure, Sketch or similar and basic understanding of HTML/CSS