Tokio Marine HCC (TMHCC) brings 45 years of service to the specialty insurance industry, today offering over 100 products to commercial customers in 180 countries around the world. Organic growth and over 60 successful acquisitions have grown our 2020 Gross Written Premium (GWP) to $5.5 Billion. Our workforce has grown to 4300 worldwide ... big, but not so big that you cannot make a difference. Our Good Company values, including integrity, empowerment, and commitment to customer service, and a culture of innovation, communication, and collaboration make TMHCC a great place to work.
Stop Loss, a $1.6 Billion division within TMHCC, leads the way in providing medical stop loss insurance sold to employers. Medical Stop Loss provides an added layer of insurance protection to employers who choose to self-fund their health benefit plans. Self-funding can incur risks from catastrophic claims, and Medical Stop Loss insurance from Tokio Marine HCC is designed to protect employers from that risk.
Prepare and provide legal documents, contracts, and analysis along with providing legal advice to the accident, life, and health (A&H) division.
- Provide general legal representation and advice to internal clients within the A&H Division.
- Foresee and protect the companies of the Division against legal risks.
- Work with the Vice President of Compliance and Senior Management of A&H Division to manage and provide oversight of corporate litigation.
- Participate in the claims review procedure with senior executives for certain high-level claims or denials.
- Engage Corporate Legal and/or outside counsel and act as their company contact for litigation matters.
- Review and prepare agreements and contracts for internal clients.
- Prepare responses to subpoenas and document requests.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills and Experiences
- JD from an American Bar Association accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in Georgia
- Strong understanding of ERISA and HIPAA
- Experience with Risk MGMT focused in claims, basic tort and taxes
- Prior experience with contract law
- Possess and have ability to apply broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures gained through experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy