eDiscovery Support Specialist
Under immediate supervision, supports the eDiscovery Manager within the Tokio Marine HCC (TMHCC) Corporate Legal Department.
Relying on instructions and/or pre-established guidelines, this role is responsible for accomplishing the following assignments as guided by others. These assignments are varied in nature.
- Perform litigation support and eDiscovery tasks, including collecting, processing, and organizing data, generating reports, database loading, indexing, data archiving, and transfer.
- Quality-check data; identify and troubleshoot issues.
- Review documents, including tagging, redaction, and exporting data as required for litigation and/ or other legal matters.
- Search and export data within O365 eDiscovery.
- Apply and assist with Legal Hold in Place processes.
- Purging data from network shares and/or eDiscovery tools as required for data retention protocols.
- Assist with special projects and administrative tasks as requested.
- Handle chain of custody process, including maintaining logs relating to Company devices, preserving equipment for legal hold process, and shipping equipment when necessary.
- Track and handle projects until completion.
- Occasionally participate in analysis of forensic data and reports relating to electronic devices, software, databases, servers, and hardware.
- Provide professional, effective, and timely communication both written and verbal internally and externally, including with employees, vendors, and law firms, regarding eDiscovery matters.
- This position requires a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Follow work plans, established timelines, and predefined goals for assigned work.
- Meet commitments on deadlines.
- Communicate activities and results with employees and management as appropriate.
- Perform work thoroughly in a cost-efficient manner and at a high productivity level.
Business Controls and Policies
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Report any breakdown in controls to management.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner.
- No people management responsibility.
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements
Working Conditions and Physical Demands