Tokio Marine HCC – Surety Group, a member of the Tokio Marine Group of Companies, has an opportunity for a Administrative Assistant at our office in downtown Los Angeles.
Do you have an eye for detail and accuracy?
Do others compliment your reliability and follow-through?
Do you thrive in an environment of high-volume teamwork?
We are looking for an individual who is efficient, accurate and detail-oriented and who enjoys the challenge of a high-volume work environment.
This position will be responsible for:
- Setting up electronic files with documents, dates, and well-written summaries
- Updating claimants and internal colleagues by phone and written correspondence about the status of claims
- Process mail and payment checks
Performance Objectives and Timeline
- During the first 30 days: Learn about Contractors License bonds. Get to know the Claims team members. Become familiar with our file management systems. Assist with incoming and outgoing mail.
- During the first 3 months: Learn about claims terminology and documents. Set up files, documents, and summaries in Salesforce and Box.com. Prepare payment checks for claimants.
- During the first 6 months and beyond: Anticipate the needs of claims examiners on your team, and follow-through efficiently and accurately to keep the claims process running smoothly for internal and external parties. Take initiative to help other claims teams, as appropriate. Answer incoming Claims calls.
Experience & Education Qualifications
- Experience with data entry, file organization
- Success characteristics:
- Customer service mindset – eager to help, regardless of the task
- Quick to understand processes and procedures
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Teamwork, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Educational requirements: High school diploma or equivalent
For candidates working in person in Los Angeles, the reasonable pay range for this specific position is $17.64 to $24.26 per hour. The salary offered for this specific position is based on a number of legitimate, non-discriminatory factors set by the Company. The Company is fully committed to ensuring equal pay opportunities for equal work regardless of color, race, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local pay equity laws. The salary range is the range THMCC, in good faith, believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. This range may be modified in the future, and actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level. Even within the pay range, the actual compensation will vary depending on the above factors as well as market and business considerations.
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance company with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, and other locations. We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, a hybrid schedule, and the strength, stability, growth, and profitability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine Group of Companies.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.