Underwriter Property & Casualty Japanese Business
Underwriter – Property & Liability
As an Underwriter you will underwrite Japanese Property & Liability Business in the Netherlands Branch. This will involve effective servicing of customers, maintenance of existing accounts, selection of new accounts and development of relationship with brokers. You will handle policy alterations, prepare and authorize new business quotations, attend broker meetings, negotiate revised terms where appropriate, inform Branch Manager / Head of P&C / CUO of important underwriting developments in the Netherlands general market.
- Underwrite Japanese Property & Liability Business and this in line with the Underwriting guidelines and Authority Level;
- Build and maintain close communication and collaboration with several international departments in the organization such as Business Development, Risk Engineering, Head Office TMNF, CUO, Head of P&C & Branch Manager
- Build / maintain close relationship with the brokers;
- Ensure regular reporting, both internal and external in a timely manner
- Handle reinsurance arrangements
- Build and maintain adequate rationale behind the written policies (paper trail).
- Build adequate technical pricing for each policy;
- Travel within the Netherlands to join surveys to familiarize with the customers and the business.
- Ensure adequate data quality management;
- Monitor the underwriting performance and take adequate actions if needed;
- Attend meetings with clients, brokers, and business partners;
- Follow & Share market trends;
- Supervise tasks carried out by the UW Assistant
This list is not exhaustive, other missions may be assigned depending on the profile.
Basic Requirements :
- Experience in similar function
- Experience in the property AND/OR liability specialism with willingness to improve into the other expertise
- Completed Wft (Wet Financieel Toezicht), or willing to complete the courses.
- Experience in managing relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Basic experience in the use of Office-tools such as Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Willingness to travel internationally (Europe) for meetings and seminars
- Good communication skills
- Master degree OR other Academic Qualifications OR HBO werk- en denkniveau
- Fluent in English
Preferred Requirements :
- Fluent in Dutch is a plus
- Experience working within a multinational AND/OR multicultural environment.
The position offers a competitive salary and compensation alongside a car allowance.
“Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, and other locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people do not even know exist.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies