The Account Executive supports management of client and broker relationships, portfolio underwriting, profitability analysis and business development. This position will collaborate with leaders across various departments in the organization to develop new reinsurance programs and manage existing relationships.
The Account Executive role is broad in nature and its responsibilities reflect substantial variety and complexity.
- Accountable for an assigned group of clients in the reinsurance portfolio covering cyber and other specialty insurance products.
- Understand unique features of each program including deal structure, ceding commission, client/broker relationship, rating considerations, and contractual obligations.
- Responsible for communicating and coordinating with Accounting, Claims, Reinsurance Support, Marketing, I.T., Underwriting, and Compliance to facilitate successful program implementation.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with clients and brokers during implementations, renewals, and regular communication and presentations throughout the year.
- Develop and renew programs to maximize growth and profitability within scope of contract. Review production activity and profitability metrics in order to recommend improvement on programs as required.
- Maintain client and program data in underwriting and account management systems.
- Analyze submission data and develop portfolio rates.
- Prepare proposals for prospects and existing clients.
- Support leadership with presentation materials, portfolio analysis and ad-hoc projects.
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (Business Admin, Accounting, Finance, or a related field preferred).
- Relevant accreditations preferred (e.g., CPCU, ARe, actuarial or financial designations).
- Minimum five years of insurance experience (reinsurance experience preferred).
- Familiarity with underwriting concepts and insurance metrics.
- Experience working with clients and brokers.
- Familiarity with cyber insurance and/or other professional lines insurance policies.
- Ability to interact positively, succinctly and professionally with all levels of internal and external clients and comfortable building a rapport with differing personalities.
- Good judgment, problem-solving, independent thinking and strong analytical abilities.
- Organized; has great attention to detail and excellent follow-through.
- Ability to handle competing demands.
- Uses time efficiently and prioritizes appropriately.
- Goal-oriented, fast learner, self-starter, and open to change as needed.
- Excellent computer skills and extensive experience with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Power Point/Outlook).
- Builds constructive and effective relationships with internal and external customers.
If your experience matches these requirements, please apply WITH A COVER LETTER INCLUDING SALARY RANGE REQUIREMENTS.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offer a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.