European Senior IT Auditor
European IT Internal Audit Senior
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, Ireland, and other exciting locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people don’t even know exist.
Just as we invest in our company, we invest in our employees’ careers. We provide our employees a collaborative and rewarding environment within which to gain the knowledge, skills, and experience that lead to a rewarding career. Our products allow our customers to take on opportunity with confidence. In turn, our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and potential for career growth allow you to take on opportunity with confidence.”
To provide quality IT internal audit work to TMHCC companies in the UK & Mainland Europe. This role is new to the European Internal Audit Team and although it will report locally to the Internal Audit Manager based in London there will be a very close link to the Senior Director, Internal Audit, based in Houston who currently overseas IT Internal Audit for the company. This is a great opportunity for a strong generalist IT Internal Auditor to help shape this new role for the department.
- To plan, manage, execute and lead value added IT internal audits across all European locations, to provide assurance on the internal controls environment, governance and risk management framework.
- Performing IT JSOX / internal control framework testing, including walkthroughs and flowcharting on an annual basis across the in scope European branch network.
- Liaising with the business to obtain progress updates on IT control and audit findings and then performing remediation testing.
- Performing IT controls and process testing across all departments and areas including but not limited to, underwriting, claims, reinsurance, finance, human resources, IT, risk management, Solvency II, governance, compliance and actuarial.
- Documenting and recording all internal audit and JSOX testing on our TeamMate audit software.
- Produce accurate and complete working papers for planning and fieldwork testing that clearly support the audit findings and producing the final internal audit report that is presented to the client.
- Ensuring all working paper review points raised by Internal Audit management are accurately cleared on a timely basis.
- Support the Head of International Internal Audit and the audit team with various administration, reporting and departmental tasks.
- Liaising with the Senior Director of Audit in Houston for IT audit work direction and coordination.
- Assist with the business process testing for audit areas other than IT during quiet periods.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory, technological, auditing and legal changes.
- Liaising with staff and management across the insurance group.
- Participate in an advisory capacity on system implementation projects and special management requests.
Skills and Experience Specification:
- Degree in Accounting, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, a related field, or the equivalent education.
- Certified Information Systems (CISA) designation preferred.
- Minimum of five years of relevant and progressive professional experience with a minimum of three years of relevant IT internal audit experience.
- Insurance or financial services experience preferred.
- Willingness to travel, most specifically around European branch offices (around 20% of the role).
- Experience in leading projects and proven ability to drive results.
- Experience working with audit management system software, particularly TeamMate is preferred.
- Relevant internal auditing (or external auditing) and / or accounting experience necessary.
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
- Excellent English written & oral communication skills with an emphasis on tact, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- French, German and / or Spanish language skills would be advantageous.
- Excellent organisational skills & proven ability to multi-task.
- High standard of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work well within a small and very busy internal audit team.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.