Data Science Intern Summer 2023
Are you passionate about exploring where, how, and why data can drive business decisions? Interested in how organizations use analytics and data to innovate, grow and transform? Driven to help establish, define, and evangelize how data science can help drive a strategy? Tokio Marine HCC has an exciting opportunity for a Data Science Intern for our corporate office in Houston, TX.
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis
- Collaborate with our actuarial department, stakeholders, and our Chief Actuary to devise innovative and forward-thinking solutions for our clients’ needs
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technology trends • Communicate results and ideas to key stakeholders
- Implement new statistical or other mathematical methodologies as needed for specific models or analysis
- Currently pursuing a Masters degree in Computer Science, Applied Statistics, Applied math, Data Science, or a related field (Strong students with Bachelors degrees will be considered as well.
- Practical experience with multiple statistical languages (SAS, R, Pandas), data processing, database programming, and data analytics
- Solid background in data mining and statistical analysis
- Experience with programming languages such as Python and R
Tokio Marine HCC group of companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC group of companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies
***Please note we are unable to provide sponsorship now or in the future and this internship is located in Houston, Texas with onsite componant ***