Operational Reporting Project Manager - Contractor
TMHCC is progressing a programme of work to transform our data architecture and refresh our existing data warehouse and supporting data platforms. These play a critical role in the success of TMHCC and the programme is part of ensuring that the platform is fit for purpose and meets the demands for the future and continued growth ambitions.
The Operational Reporting Project Manager will work under general direction within a clear framework of accountability reporting to the Titan Programme Manager. The role will also be guided by existing Programme Transformation and Transition best practices.
In respect of that, we are recruiting for an Operational Reporting Project Manager to lead the Operational Reporting workstream. The role will be guided by existing Programme Transformation and Transition best practices.
This role is required to:
- Project manage the Operational Reporting ( ie all areas outside of Financial reporting within TMHCC namely Underwriting, Claims, Actuarial, Risk, and Compliance) activities for the Titan programme which involve (MI/BI) Management Information & Business Intelligence development (i.e. reporting, analytics and data visualisation/dashboards)
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the operational reporting workstream, its scope and deliverables working with stakeholders to drive and deliver cross business MI, ensuring consistency and accuracy
- Deliver the proposed MI/BI reporting/extracts solution using an iterative methodology facilitating an MVP to ensure core existing requirements can be supported, provide early business insight, reduction of risk and increase opportunities to refine requirements and optimise reports/data extracts
- Work with the technical workstream to deliver requirements for and support design for proposed MI/BI reporting/extracts solution early business insight, reduction of risk and increase opportunities to refine requirements and optimise reports/data extracts
- Manage the documentation, validation and sign off of requirements
- Create and maintain project plans and feed into the overarching programme plan
- Oversee appropriate controls and sign off to ensure architecture team have requirements to feed into design and test.
- Manage the teams to the plan ensuring workshops, documents and controls meet Programme standards
- Adopt Programme governance principles and methods into the project.
- Perform ongoing updates to the project plan to reflect point in time status and estimated date of completion
- Prepare weekly status report
- Identify critical path priorities, plan, and deliver accordingly with milestone tracking
- Proactively manage all risks, issues and dependencies pertaining to the project and escalate in a timely manner
- Deliver key milestones set out in the programme road map
- Engage with key stakeholders across the business and technology teams to help drive forward the activities
- Manage working group(s) to ensure all stakeholders are engaged and fairly represented
This role will primarily manage the Operational Reporting workstream within the Titan programme reporting to the Programme Manager. This role will work with key stakeholder teams and other Programme workstreams to support the translation of requirements into accurate user stories, functional specifications, business, and project documents whilst supporting other tasks in the SDLC
Furthermore, they will have to be able to clearly articulate their approach and deliverables for the following activities: -
- Performs all defined duties of a Project Manager including requirements identification; resource requirements; project dependencies, planning and progression; financials management; status reporting; effective communications; ongoing risk assessment and adaptation; and appropriate escalation
- Lead the delivery of workshops as required to evaluate the potential business and technical impacts of the delivery including any dependencies on other workstreams and programmes,
- Ensures full understanding of project impacts then translate that into comprehensive engagement strategies
- Interact with stakeholders at all levels and across numerous disciplines to both ensure
- the objectives of the workstreams undertaken is commonly understood and agreed.
- requirements are reviewed, validated, and sign off,
- proposed MI/BI process redesign validated and signed off against the agreed acceptance criteria
- progress against those objectives is communicated in a timely; accurate and appropriate manner
- Engage with business stakeholders, wider change teams and subject matter experts (SMEs) to define and agree workstream approach, timeliness, costs and outcomes
- Feed into the overall Programme planning, reporting updates
- Create and maintain project plans, estimating timelines, establishing deadlines, actively monitoring milestone completion, tracking all phases of the project/Programme, providing timely reporting of issues that may impact progress of the project, coordinating actions and resolving conflicts
- Manage change impact effectively and efficiently embed into business as usual.
- Contribute to the overall Programme budget process
- Escalate, as appropriate, any risks and issues which may have a negative impact on the delivery of the project as a whole or on resources and/ or systems
- Ensure all work undertaken is delivered in accordance with established Programme approaches
- Seeks counsel of peers, stakeholders, and/or program/project leads in times of strategically complex or critical ambiguity and adapts planning, communications, and engagements accordingly
- Manage the documentation, stakeholder report requirements and validation requirements
- Demonstrable strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience in a combination of delivering change initiatives . within an insurance company
- Understand the mechanism to capture and create business processes, functional , non-functional requirements for MI / BI reports/ extracts and applications and technical specifications
- Demonstrable business change delivery experience ideally through a data warehouse transformation Programme from user requirements definition through design, development, testing and implementation
- A track record of delivering large scale warehousing /business intelligence/ management information projects using an interative delivery method
- Experience in standard PM competencies e.g. planning, risk and issue management, stakeholder management, monitoring and control by delivering across all phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience in standard PM competencies eg planning, risk and issue management, stakeholder management, monitoring and control by delivering across all phases of the project lifecycle
- Proven ability to manage by influence and so engage stakeholders at all levels, across business and functions to deliver against defined objectives
- Solid project management experience and ability to clearly demonstrate management of cross functional/cross discipline teams both through direct management and influence.
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Ability to build effective teams and get the best out of people
- Proficiency in managing multiple tasks; work-streams concurrently, prioritizing accordingly to ensure consistent deliver to time
- Strong analytical skills; the role requires interpretation and synthesis of regulatory, business and technical information to ensure that the solutions implemented deliver business outcomes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to vary approach and so ensure that the method of communicating any message is tailored to the intended audience.