Learning & Development Manager
Who we are:
Every policy we write is special, enabling our clients to do amazing things. From insuring the crops that feed us to the rock concerts that entertain us to rescuing international travelers in trouble, we offer more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Our policies let our clients:
Transplant human hearts, build platforms in the ocean, parachute from aircraft, play host to the world’s greatest sports, make structures that scrape the sky and much, much more…
The Learning and Development specialists, support team members across TMHCC to develop and utilize critical skills for career growth and development. This influential work centers around a consultative approach to business, including identifying best in class programs and executing training segments for our business needs.
What we offer
Strong learning culture, collaboration, 401K match, paid parental leave, hybrid work schedule, travel opportunities and an opportunity to love what you do.
Learning and Development Consulting Manager
Design, facilitate, and measure global learning & development programs and related initiatives, working in concert with Human Resources (HR) leaders, internal clients, and employees. Collaboratively create and facilitates a variety of programs. Consult with business lines, work closely with instructional design support, conduct training segments and develop program communications. Opportunity to travel across the United States from California to New York up to 25 %.
- Present information in live and virtual training sessions, using adult learning theory principles and a variety of instructional design techniques and formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos and lectures, and virtual learning events. Trainings focus on employee lifecycle events including onboarding, supervisor effectiveness, leadership program overviews, etc.
- Use Strategic Business Partnering and consulting skills to accurately identify needs, recommend solutions, verify results, and return on offerings. Partner with business clients to identify employee performance gaps and make appropriate development recommendations.
- Credible resource for talent development needs, providing guidance and proposing solutions that leverage knowledge of and experience in talent development and talent management.
- Work with Talent Development Director to align performance management initiatives, advance succession planning activities, manage change, handle department communication efforts, and other organizational development activities.
- Works with HR Business Partners and business leaders to provide support for organizational transformation and change; provides solid foundation of knowledge to help build tools and training that proactively prepares leaders and their teams to navigate through change;
- Design and administer training needs and effectiveness assessments and ROI using the Kirkpatrick model. Make recommendations for modifications to programs, participate in the budgeting and vendor selection processes, and track and prepare presentations on key function performance metrics.
Skills needed for this role:
- Bachelors in Human Resources, Adult Education, Organizational Development, or related field.
- Significant experience in training and live workshop facilitation along with experience communicating, both orally and in writing, at all levels within the company, vendors, and consultants, which includes building relationships, coaching employees to meet their potential, using judgement, influence, and discretion.
- Certification in one or more of the following highly preferred: Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP), Facilitator Certification programs, DDI, Crucial Conversations, Franklin Covey, Insights Client Practitioner certification.