Actuarial Intern - Summer 2023
Need a place to gain hands on actuarial experience? Consider signing up for our Actuarial Intern opportunity.
The actuarial intern will work closely with a top-notch Actuarial team to provide support for various underwriting units including reinsurance and pricing support, budget support and providing key statistics on results to underwriting.
- Analyze claims and premium information in support of quarterly reserving, commutations, and pool arrangements.
- Support and analysis of other reserving related tasks, such as rating agency presentations, various annual statement schedules and SEC required documents.
- Support, investigate, and evaluate various lines of business to project loss ratios for future business including producing full reports for underwriting, management, or reinsurers.
- Examine and input payment patterns for budget purposes.
- Support of merger and acquisition efforts.
- Assist with actuarial reserving.
- 60 completed general college hours with a 3.0 GPA.
- Preferably studying Actuarial Science / Mathematics / Statistics or related field
- Exemplary communication skills
- Proven organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.