Associate Benefits Analyst
Associate Benefits Analyst
Every policy we write is special, enabling our clients to do amazing things. From insuring the crops that feed us to the rock concerts that entertain us to rescuing international travelers in trouble, we offer more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Our policies let our clients:
Transplant human hearts
Build platforms in the ocean
Parachute from aircraft
Play host to the world’s greatest sports
And much, much more…
We have amazing employees to underwrite these amazing things. And as we work to engage them and solidify our position as employer of choice, we are looking for an enthusiastic Associate Benefits Analyst to join our Benefits team.
This is an individual contributor position reporting into the Benefits Supervisor and qualifies – after an initial onboarding period – as a position under our Dynamic Working policy to work from home one day a week.
What we offer …
When you join, you can expect a robust onboarding program to get familiar with the department, key people, and business tools, processes and of course benefits. This is an exciting position in an important part of the Tokio Marine HCC Human Resources organization. The HR group is an ambitious organization offering a supportive environment where you are integral part of the team and its success.
In addition, we offer a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information.
What you do …
You will, under general supervision, respond to and/or resolve employee benefit issues, process and maintain benefits information, communicate with insurance vendors regarding eligibility and other issues, and assist with leave of absence administration. You rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines and are responsible for accomplishing the following assignments:
- Act as the primary customer service representative to advise and counsel employees and former employees in the resolution of questions and issues related to benefit and leave of absence, with escalation of complex issues as necessary.
- Resolve employee issues in a timely manner through vendor management and acting as an employee advocate when issues are not properly handled.
- Assist with the administration of the Company's benefits and leave of absence programs in line with the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA), Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA), and state law, as applicable.
- Conduct weekly benefit orientation sessions to help ensure employees receive a positive and fully informative understanding of the Tokio Marine HCC benefit package.
- Assist with open enrollment by facilitating meetings/webinars and ensuring employee choices are properly recorded with vendors and payroll/HRIS.
- Plan and coordinate employee events such as health fairs, lunch and learns, benefit meetings, webinars, challenges, etc., with the purpose of educating and enriching our employees and creating enthusiasm around benefit programs.
- Maintain, organize and update electronic employee records, forms, and communications, including compliance with the records retention policy
- Work with third-party administrators and insurance vendors for reporting and data requirements, including discrepancy reports.
- Assist with vendor payments and reconciliation between vendor payments and payroll deductions.
- Work with HR Communications to ensure relevant and accurate benefit information is maintained on the HR intranet site.
- Administer daily maintenance of the payroll/HRIS system including running audit reports, reviewing scheduled processes and results, and performing data entry and correction where necessary to ensure employee deductions begin/change/end in a timely manner.
You will have …
A 4-year bachelor’s degree in human resource management, business, a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience;
With preferred 2 years relevant professional experience in Human Resources with an emphasis on benefits administration.
Furthermore you …
- Possess and have the ability to apply knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Have highly proficient written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Have advanced organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Have intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft PowerPoint and Word with an advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Note: This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the job.