Senior Compliance Officer - Conduct Risk
Job Title: Senior Compliance Officer - Conduct Risk
Why Tokio Marine HCC?
Standing still is not an option in the current world of Insurance. TMHCC are one of the world’s leading Specialty Insurers. With deep expertise in our chosen lines of business, our unparalleled track record and a solid balance sheet, TMHCC evaluates and manages risk like no one else in the industry. Looking beyond profit, empowering our people and delivering on our commitments are at the core of our customer values, and so is a desire to grow and provide creative and innovative solutions to our clients.
The main purpose of the role will be to provide TME Legal & Compliance with subject matter expertise, advice and support on all matters relating to insurance distribution, product governance, conduct risk and complaints.
Based in Luxembourg and reporting to the TME Head of Legal & Compliance, this role within our Conduct Risk Team of the TME Legal and Compliance function will support and maintain the culture of compliance and good governance for our various insurance platforms.
The postholder will be well-organised and proactive, providing timely compliance advice and support. In doing so, the capability to integrate within the business, engage with stakeholders, as well as provide high quality reporting with a strong attention to detail, will be crucial to success.
- To ensure proper identification and implementation of all matters relating to the requirements deriving from the European and Luxembourgish Insurance Distribution framework (product governance, value for money, conflicts of interest), conduct risk, and complaints.
- To manage the Conduct risk team such that it continues to provide excellent technical expertise and high standards of performance. This includes the training, mentoring and performance of one direct report.
- To oversee and produce the annual review of Product Risk Assessments and the completion of any new Assessments for new products or where material changes have been made to existing products.
- To oversee and produce the Conduct Management Information for the Product Governance & Distribution Committee (PGDC), the TME Risk, Capital, and Compliance Committee (RCCC) and various Committees, as required.
- To ensure the maintenance and updating of all policies, procedures and processes that comprise the Product Governance & Distribution Framework.
- To oversee and produce the submissions of various regulatory returns (e.g., complaints, annual attestations, etc.) as necessary.
- To investigate complaints as required, providing acknowledgements and Final Response Letters on a timely basis.
- To work alongside the TME Legal & Compliance team and HR to establish, co-ordinate and provide a multi-faceted educational and compliance training program on Conduct Risk, Product Governance and Complaints.
- To provide co-ordination support for regulatory risk assessments and requests for information, thematic reviews, and internal audits.
- To liaise with all business functions as appropriate and respond to compliance queries comprehensively and in a timely manner.
- To collaborate with other departments (e.g., International Enterprise Risk and Internal Audit), ensuring that compliance issues identified are escalated for investigation and resolution as appropriate.
- To monitor emerging and developing local regulatory changes within the market, consultation papers and policy statements issued by relevant regulatory authorities and wider international bodies, liaising as necessary with the TME Legal & Compliance team, the TMHCCI Compliance team, including the TMHCCI Conduct Risk Officer, on how any such developments may impact TME.
- To contribute and assist as required in the implementation of those compliance-related objectives within the TME Legal & Compliance Plan.
- Providing guidance and training to others in the company on compliance with relevant regulatory rules and codes of practice and circulating information to key stakeholders.
- Review of the MI to the Product Governance & Distribution Committee and offer suggestions and where enhancements can be made.
- Perform a mapping of conduct risk related obligations applicable to the jurisdictions that TME operates.
- Progress and completion of the objectives defined within the TME Compliance Plan, by way of regular status updates.
Essential Skills and Experience Specification:
- Strong knowledge and experience of the European and the Luxembourgish Insurance Distribution framework, including Conduct Risk.
- Demonstrate a high level of problem solving and the ability to resolve issues.
- Demonstrate a risk-based methodology in work methods and reporting.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to manage own workload, prioritising tasks appropriately and ensuring that agreed delivery dates are achieved.
- An instinct to be proactive, collaborative and helpful to colleagues, following up tasks appropriately, keeping the team up-to-date on activities and progress
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people face-to-face and over the telephone, as well as good people management’s skills.
- Good written communication skills to allow the job holder to write and respond to emails and other written correspondence in a professional manner both internally and externally.
- Participate in all departmental activities (training, controls, maintenance, and reporting) as required.
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office.
- Language skills – English.
- Language skills – French, German, Spanish, or Italian.
- Experience of similar responsibilities in a legal or compliance role within an insurance company, the Lloyd’s market or other financial institution preferable.
“Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, and other locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people do not even know exist.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies. #LI-NW1 #Hybrid