Actuarial Summer Intern
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company’s almost 3,000 employees are industry-leading experts
We have an exciting Actuarial Summer Intern opportunity in our Corporate Headquarters located in Houston, TX
The intern will work closely with a top notch Actuarial team to provide support for the various underwriting units including, but not limited to, reinsurance and pricing support, budget support and providing key statistics on results to underwriting. This role will be available for the fall and spring semesters
- Analyze claims and premium information in support of quarterly reserving, commutations and pool arrangements.
- Support and analysis of other reserving related tasks, such as rating agency presentations, various annual statement schedules and SEC required documents.
- Support, analyze, and evaluate various lines of business to project loss ratios for future business including producing full reports for underwriting, management or reinsurers.
- Support, analyze and input payment patterns for budget purposes.
- Support and analysis of merger and acquisition efforts as required.
- Assist with actuarial reserving as required.
- 60 completed general college hours with a 3.0 GPA.
- Preferably studying Actuarial Science / Mathematics / Statistics or related field
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.