IT Security Engineer
Working within the dedicated Global Security team, you will be autonomous and responsible for deploying and supporting security products to ensure that the entire IT operation from; physical devices, networking, hypervisors, virtual machines and underlying applications are all secure.
You will have knowledge of tools used to both protect as well as attempt intrusion into our environments.
This position will be a great match for an individual with previous IT Security Engineering experience and is looking for a role that will enable them to explore a range of Security technologies to develop their level of expertise.
Under general supervision, the role holder will monitor, evaluate, and maintain systems and procedures to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets.
- Identify, recommend, and implement corrective actions in response to security alerts, gaps and violations.
- Analyse and configure and continually improve other security systems and program components to meet security architecture requirements.
- Develop work plans, establish timelines, and set goals for assigned work.
- Meet commitments on deadlines.
- Review activities, results, and recommendations with management and clients as appropriate.
Business Controls and Policies
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Report any breakdown in controls to management.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner.
Skills and Experience Specification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience.
- Minimum of three years of relevant and progressive professional experience
- CISSP, Security+ or SANS certification(s) preferred.
What we’re looking for:
- Previous working experience as a Security Engineer
- Enjoy working autonomously as well as collaboratively on different projects and work streams
- Have the ability to drive issues through to completion, taking ownership of the objectives
- Strive to become the subject matter expert for technical issues relating to the security of our environment
- Enjoy learning and embrace the ever-changing threat landscape
- Be used to accurately determining relative priorities and be commercially aware
- Have excellent documentation and records management skills
- Be available out of hours to assist in Priority 1 security incidents if they occur
- Possess and have ability to apply broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- A clear and good communicator of Security concepts at all levels.
- General multi-platform information security knowledge with Cloud and On-Prem technologies
- Good knowledge of various security components in technologies such as: Active Directory, Anti-malware protection, WAF protection, Vulnerability Scanners, Intrusion detection/prevention management, system hardening techniques, network segmentation, DDOS mitigation, threat intelligence, forensic analysis etc.
- Knowledge and a level of Zero-Trust and PAM implementations would be a bonus.
- Knowledge of container security practices.
- Knowledge of industry accepted security architectures
- Knowledge of authentication and access systems
- Experience in following system information security policies, standards and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, sensitivity, and diplomacy.
- Exceptional organisational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment.
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
“Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, and other locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people do not even know exist.
Just as we invest in our company, we invest in our employees’ careers. We provide our employees a collaborative and rewarding environment within which to gain the knowledge, skills, and experience that lead to a rewarding career. Our products allow our customers to take on opportunity with confidence. In turn, our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and potential for career growth allow you to take on opportunity with confidence.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.