Vice President, Sales
WorldTrips, a member of the Tokio Marine HCC group of companies, is on a mission to become the most innovative travel insurance company in the industry. Our collaborative culture prioritizes the customer experience, above all else. We do this for the love of travel.
WorldTrips is looking for a Vice President of Sales who provides functional leadership and strategic direction for the comprehensive travel insurance (trip cancellation) line of business.
The VP, Sales would make sales recommendations and decisions to grow the line of business and protect the financial assets of the company and the carrier; Manage the sales team and build a pipeline of distribution partners spanning multiple channels in the travel supplier category to sell the product as well as servicing existing partners who are selling the product; Establish departmental strategies and objectives, coordinating with all organizational goals and standards; Be accountable for financial performance, attainment of revenue, and profit goals of assigned business unit. This is a full-time position located in Carmel, IN.
The Adventure Ahead:
- Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies.
- Identify new distribution sources and markets to target for expansion.
- Leverage experience and industry relationships across multiple distribution channels, including ecommerce.
- Develop line of business goals and responsible for achieving both short and long-term financial objectives including all operating expenses. Meet or exceed growth in net income while managing a profitable loss ratio.
- Manage and train sales staff in effective methods of increasing profitable revenue streams.
- Conduct on-site visits and work with producers to resolve problems and answer any high-level questions.
- Work with heads of other business units and departments to ensure consistency and uniformity of the organizational processes. Communicate and ensure understanding of these policies and practices.
Skills and Experiences Needed:
- Bachelors in business or related field
- 12 or more years in Travel Insurance with multiple areas of specialization
- 8 or more years of leadership experience
- Demonstrate a track record of proven success selling travel insurance products across multiple distribution channels.
- In-depth knowledge of market dynamics in all major distribution channels (offline, ecommerce/in-path, wholesale)
- Expert-level knowledge of the competitive landscape for travel insurance providers, including but not limited to pricing, coverages, and partner compensation.
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment.
- Possess and have ability to apply advanced knowledge of sales principles, practices, and procedures.
- Regular Travel (up to 50% of time)
- Passport is required
- Driver’s License is required