IT Business Analyst
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom and Continental Europe, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company’s almost 3,000 employees are industry-leading experts.
If you are passionate about technology and have a business mindset for solving problems and identifying areas of improvement, we have an exciting new opening for an IT Business Analyst in our corporate office in Houston, TX.
The IT Business Analyst will work closely with a dynamic Actuarial team and partner with multiple teams across the Corporate IT function. The role will be instrumental in advancing the maturity level of multiple business capabilities as part of a multi-year IT roadmap. This person will possess the diplomacy to resolve multi-stakeholder business challenges and will have the technical background to translate business requirements into technology solutions.
- Perform assigned functional and technical business analyst activities as part of a team executing a multi-year IT Roadmap for the Actuarial area.
- Evaluate business capabilities and business processes, document future state requirements, define process improvements and/or technology solutions, and collaborate with others on the development of IT technical specifications.
- Collaborate with data architects to define technical requirements and design data models for an expansion of the enterprise data lake platform.
- Support the development of data visualization and reporting capabilities for publication of executive management reports.
- Collaborate on the identification and ingestion of relevant external data sources to address specific business requirements and/or gaps in business capabilities.
- Provide support for applications/software, including issue troubleshooting and user acceptance testing of new releases for quality purposes and to review alignment to business requirements.
- Facilitate/provide training sessions on applications/software/new technologies, including the communication of technical matters to a non-technical audience.
- Work with key business stakeholders to help implement changes to existing/new business capabilities and/or business processes resulting from new technology solutions and/or process improvements.
- Ensure compliance with TMHCC information security best practices & policies, including data protection, data privacy and data governance standards.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, Mathematics, or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant and progressive professional experience.
- Insurance industry experience (property/casualty) preferred.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to evaluate business capabilities and processes, and to identify process improvements and/or technology solutions.
- Experience developing analytics/reporting capabilities using common BI/data visualization solutions (Microsoft Power BI and/or MicroStrategy preferred).
- Knowledge of Relational and Dimensional Databases, including data modeling techniques and use of database admin tools/query editors (Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio, PostgreSQL and pgadmin is a plus but not required).
- Experience in Agile/DevSecOps methodologies and knowledge of AWS cloud services is a plus but not required.
- Understanding of Business Capability Modeling and Application Lifecycle Management is a plus but not required.
- Experience in building a SharePoint Online site (for a business area/department), such as creation of custom site pages and setting up document libraries and lists, is a plus but not required.
- Flexible and responsive with ability to adapt to rapid change in direction or business priority.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as contribute to team efforts.
- Ability and desire to communicate technical matters to a non-technical audience in order to train others and drive the adoption of new tools and technologies.
- Sound analytical skills, as well as strong problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels within the organization.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offer a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.