IT Procurement Analyst
Role Profile: IT Process and Operations Analyst
Why Tokio Marine HCC?
Standing still is not an option in the current world of Insurance. TMHCC are one of the world’s leading Speciality Insurers. With deep expertise in our chosen lines of business, our unparalleled track record and a solid balance sheet, TMHCC evaluates and manages risk like no one else in the industry. Looking beyond profit, empowering our people and delivering on our commitments are at the core of our customer values, and so is a desire to grow and provide creative and innovative solutions to our clients. We have doubled our gross written premiums in the past 3 year and our plan is to do so again in the next 3 years. To support this desire, we need to be forward-thinking and innovative in every respect. That means continually improving our customer-focused business, it means providing systems, solutions and technology to enable seamless growth and business innovation, and it means having the best people capability to apply to these challenges.
Part of our evolution involves growing our team, and bringing in a range of views, perspectives and backgrounds that will allow us to deliver this forward-looking culture, that relies upon open and trusting relationships, and a shared vision for that continual improvement. We aspire to build an environment where new perspectives are encouraged, where resilience, fresh ideas and different opinions are valued.
About the Opportunity
At TMHCCI we believe our supplier relationship and approach to procurement is key to supporting our business. With a clear framework, vision and roadmap for procurement and supplier management we can optimise the strengths of our partner relationships and drive the best outcomes for HCCI.
This is a new role within a small team, presenting an exciting opportunity for the right individual to grow their career in Procurement and get a wider variety of exposure from supporting high profile sourcing projects, third party risk and improving internal capabilities, systems and processes.
The role will be to the initial point of contact for Procurement and Supplier Management queries within the IT function. This will include fostering and developing relationships with key third parties to ensure continuous improvement in the delivery of goods and services from the supply base.
In parallel you will also build excellent internal stakeholder relationships across the IT function to ensure Procurement is a key enabler for business success.
You will be responsible for administration, process, and key Procurement technologies to support contractual relationships and contract management to deliver continuous improvement in delivery of goods and services in the IT supply base.
You will also work alongside other procurement professionals to ensure alignment with overall business objectives.
- Be the first point of contact for day-to-day IT Procurement activity
- Leading on P2P process support
- Administration and development of key enabling technologies including the contract management database and the finance system for raising requisitions and processing invoices
- Management of the high-volume Statements of Work and associated process tracking
- Working closely with suppliers including on invoicing queries
- Support in the collation of gathering of supplier risk assessment data and prepare risk assessments for critical-related suppliers as needed
- Support in the preparation and running of Supplier Relationship Management activities, arranging monthly reviews, QBR’s and keeping supporting records
- Maintain key records to support budget setting
- Supporting IT Sorucing projects with procurement advice
- Initial engagement with suppliers such as ensuring NDA’s are in place
- Develop an approved Supplier List
- Ensure procurement collateral is up to date and readily available on the Intranet
- Provide basic data analysis on financial and contract information
We are looking for the role to support the small Procurement team within the IT function gain the trust and confidence of the team in a short space of time and inputting into an excellent end user experience when working with Procurement. Having the right personal skills and traits to become a partner to this business will be key to achieving this.
Skills and Experience Specification:
- 3 years plus of experience of working in a Procurement function
- Experience of Procure to Pay (P2P) processes including requisitions, purchase orders and invoicing
- Experience of supporting and administration of the end-to-end P2P process
- Experience of Contract Management Systems
- Experience of Amazon Business and Marketplace
- Familiar with professional services contracts and software agreements
- Comfortable with liaising with internal stakeholders of all levels
- Comfortable dealing with supplier queries and questions
- Familiarity with software asset management would be desirable
- Studying or looking to study for CIPS qualification
- Knowledge and technical understanding of general Insurance
- Desirable if understand the Speciality Insurance Market
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Work collaboratively and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the procurement process
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Resilient, optimistic, and open to change
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Commercially and financially aware
“Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, and other locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people do not even know exist.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.