Premium Accounting Assistant I
- Responsible for the daily input of all cash received through lockbox, mail, or wire transfer. Enter all assigned cash into the premium accounting system.
- Verify incoming premium checks and corresponding premium statements for accuracy and completeness. Determine whether to apply premium or place in unassigned account until set up in the accounting system by the appropriate regional office.
- Frequent verbal and written contact with the client to resolve any variances in premium received, commissions, rates paid, etc.
- Responsible for the daily preparation of deposits, which includes examining deposits for binder premiums or premiums sent to the company in error.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely receipt of premiums according to department guidelines.
- Balance daily deposits after application.
- Prepare variance and collection letters, binder letters, and premium accounting worksheets.
- File all Premium Applications and Correspondence as completed.
- Answer any questions that other departments and offices may have in regards to application of premiums or account balances.
- Assist in educating and training colleagues in the duties and responsibilities of strong premium accounting practices.
- Access in-house resources including TMHCC Life Risk Management staff, Actuarial, Underwriting, and Marketing departments to assist in attaining business goals as necessary.
- Maintain quality, quantity, and turnaround time standards of department and company.
- Complete projects and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education & Experience
- Minimum high school or GED
- Entry level to 2 years of experience
Tokio Marine HCC group of companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC group of companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.