Sports Analytics Analyst
Are you currently seeking a challenging career opportunity to help develop sports analytics capabilities? At TMHCC, we have an exciting opportunity for a Sports Analytics Analyst in our corporate office in Houston, TX. In this role, you will use data to address key issues in the sports including player evaluation, sports science, and player development. A strong candidate will have significant work experience, a degree in a quantitative discipline, and a demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse set of stakeholders.
As an applicant for this role you will need to posses deep knowledge of modern statistical techniques and the creativity to identify novel analytical directions. You will need to demonstrate strong organization, communication, and leadership skills, and the ability to work on widely varying projects with distinct audiences. Candidates must have the ability and statistical range to draw insights from many different forms of sports data and a passion for improving sports decision-making.
- Use data analysis techniques to drive new product development and improve existing lines of business.
- Perform large-scale data analysis and develop effective predictive and descriptive analysis including various machine learning techniques, time series, regression, optimization, deep learning, etc.
- Use data visualizations to clearly and effectively aid key decision makers.
- Interact with business partners to understand their goals and objectives, develop analytic requirements, provide answers to business questions, make recommendations, and join forces in driving business improvement and optimization.
- Within the first 30 days, become familiar with TMHCC’s policies and procedures
- Within the first 60 days, take ownership to develop text analytics capabilities
- Within the first 90 days, model development of first assigned project underway
- Bachelors in quantitative field such Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.
- Minimum of 1 year of sports analytics and data scientist experience
- Familiarity with concepts such as predictive analysis, cloud computing, machine learning, artificial intelligence, & Bayesian analysis
- Proficient with multiple statistical software packages and/or programming languages such as R, Python, SQL, Tableau, Shiny, etc.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights
- Prior consulting experience preferred
- Sports knowledge to identify key questions and topics for analysis
- Strong knowledge of sports league structures, rules, current trends, recent sports analytics research, and associated data
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.