IT Business Analyst - With Programming Experience
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom and Continental Europe, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company’s almost 3,000 employees are industry-leading experts.
If you are passionate about technology and have a business mindset for solving problems and identifying areas of improvement, we have an exciting new opening for an IT Technical Analyst in our corporate office in Houston, TX.
The IT Technical Analyst will engage teams across multiple functional areas, including Actuarial and Underwriting, and partner with internal Corporate IT teams and with external IT service providers. The role will be instrumental in advancing the maturity level of key business capabilities as part of a multi-year IT roadmap. This person will possess the diplomacy to resolve multi-stakeholder business challenges and be motivated to learn new systems and skills.
- Gain knowledge of individual business units across TMHCC and the related Application Portfolio and IT architecture landscape.
- Perform assigned activities as part of a broader team to implement a multi-year IT Roadmap for the Actuarial area which enables and advances the maturity level of key business capabilities, including Rating, Price Monitoring and Rerating Analysis.
- Participate in a new cross-functional Center of Excellence that governs and executes the operational model for key business capabilities.
- Collaborate with IT Product Owners and business stakeholders to understand the strategic roadmap and IT architecture for individual TMHCC business units and help document the agreed future state IT landscape.
- Analyze existing business processes, which may rely on non-standard IT technologies, to help define the scope and technical requirements to enable capabilities using TMHCC’s strategic technology platforms.
- Collaborate with data architects to define required data sources and curated data sets as part of an expansion of the enterprise data lake platform.
- Facilitate/provide training sessions on applications/software/new technologies, including the communication of technical matters to a non-technical audience.
- Ensure compliance with TMHCC information security best practices & policies, including data protection, data privacy and data governance standards.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business, Mathematics, or a related field.
- 2-5 years of relevant and progressive professional experience.
- Insurance industry experience (property/casualty) preferred.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to analyze existing business processes and define proposed improvements which leverage technology solutions.
- Experience in project life cycle/SDLC methodologies (Agile/DevSecOps preferred).
- Experience using Microsoft Office product suite (basic to intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel required).
- Knowledge of Relational and Dimensional Databases, including data modeling techniques and database admin tools/query editors (Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio, PostgreSQL, pgadmin) is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of integration architecture patterns and experience running test cases using REST API testing tools.
- DRC RS X Rating Platform or other insurance rating solution experience is a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of AWS cloud platform/services (e.g. API Gateway, Lambda, RDS) is a plus but not required.
- Flexible and responsive with ability to adapt to rapid change in direction or business priority.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as contribute to team efforts.
- Sound analytical skills, as well as strong problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels within the organization.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offer a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.