Casualty Claims Specialist
Do you want to be part of an evolving insurance line of business and a growing team? Are you interested to continue working in insurance with one of the top-rated companies in the industry? Tokio Marine HCC – Casualty Group has an exciting opportunity for a Casualty Claims Specialist. This is a great opportunity to support a critical claim unit and add significant value to the organization.
The Casualty Group, a member of Tokio Marine HCC, consists of Primary Casualty, Excess Casualty and Artisan Contractors. With more than 250 years of combined underwriting experience, the Casualty Group creates customized casualty products for sophisticated liability buyers.
Handles claims that involve the investigation of coverage, liability, damages and resolution of both non-litigated and litigated claim files for primary casualty lines. Emphasis on Artisan, small to mid-level Construction Defect and OL&T claims throughout the USA. This individual will be involved in establishing a big picture view of the Casualty Claims coverage positions relative to the law and the industry. You have the freedom to be creative and think out of the box. The claims professional will be focusing on adjusting the claims and not processing the claims.
- Claim handling: Proactively handle complex claims from the FNOL to resolution of the claim while working with and advising business partners. Analyze and draft coverage letters while properly communicating coverage positions to insureds, brokers and agents. Assimilate all transfer cases and have current diary on all files. All files should have been worked on and brought current. Understand and apply best practices to all files. Maintain a 1 to1 open to close ratio while reducing average indemnity and ALE.
- Investigation: Conduct and proactively handle investigation of claims whenever possible. If outside vendors or experts are needed, direct and closely monitor their work.
- Reports: Draft high-quality reports, set timely reserves or report to leadership cases wherein the reserves need to be set over your authority.
- Other duties: As an experienced adjuster provide technical advice to claims leadership and underwriting. Mentor and educate less experienced adjusters. Travel to conferences, mediations, and trials as is necessary. Become Proficient on all systems
- The successful candidate ideally will have a minimum of 2 years of experience handling construction defect cases throughout the United States. The candidate will have experience in Artisan claims as well as OL&T claim which could include New York Labor Law claims.
- Knowledge of Construction defect claims.
- Must be highly proficient in coverage and have handled coverage litigation on behalf of a carrier.
- Must posses a high understanding of Risk Transfer and Recovery.
- Proficient in Litigation Management with an emphasis on legal budget creation and review
- Knows the most effective and efficient methods to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement and innovation.
- Sound analytical skills, as well as strong decision-making and problem-solving aptitude.
- Must be an exceptional communicator and able to make connections externally and internally.
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, a related field, or the equivalent education and/or experience.
- Possess or attain State Adjusting Licenses as required.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence preferred but not necessary.
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) or Associate in Claims (AIC) designation is preferred.
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office package (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word).
- Travel Percentage: 30%.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offer a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.