The TMHCC Cyber and Professional Lines Group is looking for an Associate Underwriter to join our dynamic Underwriting team in our Chicago office.
This is a production underwriting role, on a close-knit team of highly motivated and productive individuals. You will be responsible for reviewing and analyzing new and renewal submissions for rating and quoting using approved underwriting guidelines. You will need to be able to work and collaborate as part of a regional team of underwriters yet, have ability to formulate an independent thought process and be solutions oriented. You should have a willingness to speak up and promote positive change, be goal driven, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
The qualities of our ideal candidate:
- Ability to interact positively, succinctly and professionally with all levels of internal and external clients and be comfortable building a rapport with differing personalities
- Should be proactive, able to self-manage, highly self-motivated and in search of a challenging career
- Good judgment, problem-solving, independent thinking and strong analytical abilities are necessary to successfully fulfill the duties of this position
- Candidate must possess ability to stay organized, have great attention to detail and excellent follow-through skills
- Ability to handle competing demands, use time efficiently and prioritize appropriately
- Liaison between clients and Underwriters; requests or delivers correspondence, documents information with a high level of professionalism
- Develops and maintains a working relationship with producers, brokers, agents and customers as well as communicates effectively through broker negotiations to ensure profitable production
- Contacts clients and explains features and merits of policy coverage, recommends amount and type of coverage based on analysis of clients’ needs
- Assists Company and Underwriters to meet production goals and client expectations by identifying exposures for rating and quoting, negotiating terms and conditions with producer agents, producing quotes and binding coverage to meet deadlines, and handling and servicing an existing book of business
- Prioritizes work according to client and Underwriter needs in a time sensitive environment; keeps Underwriter apprised of potential client issues and client aware of Underwriter’s needs
- Assesses risks to determine the appropriate price, coverage, terms and conditions
- Enters and maintains client and policy data in computer system and electronic file system; tracks and follows up on tasks forwarded to other staff or clients to ensure timely completion
Experience & Education
- 4-year BA/BS
- 1-2 years experience in an insurance underwriting background is required
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products
If your experience matches these requirements, please apply WITH A COVER LETTER INCLUDING SALARY RANGE REQUIREMENTS.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offer a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking an energetic and confident individual to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies are equal-opportunity employers. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.