Titan Finance Work Stream Process Analyst - Contractor
“Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, Ireland, and other exciting locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people do not even know exist.
Just as we invest in our company, we invest in our employees’ careers. We provide our employees a collaborative and rewarding environment within which to gain the knowledge, skills, and experience that lead to a rewarding career. Our products allow our customers to take on opportunity with confidence. In turn, our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and potential for career growth allow you to take on opportunity with confidence.”
TMHCC is progressing a programme of work to strengthen our data governance maturity, prompted by a major cloud data warehouse initiative and our wider data strategy. An experienced process analyst (business focus is more important than technical focus) is required to support the Finance workstream of the programme, working on documentation of Finance requirements, “as is” and “to be” processes, impact analysis and new ways of working, supporting the Readiness Lead and SMEs.
Role & Responsibilities:
This role will primarily work with the key Finance stakeholders, preparing and documenting “as is” and “to be” processes and training materials to support Readiness activities. The candidate will work with the TMHCC SME Leads to facilitate workshops aimed at exploring current state, documenting impact analysis and designing new ways of working, providing high quality artefacts to support decision making, audit and sign off.
Furthermore, they will have to be able to clearly articulate their approach and deliverables for the following activities: -
- Elicitation and Documentation of Requirements
- Gathering and documenting project requirements and translating them into functional and non-functional specifications
- Utilising a range of Analysis Techniques to elicit and present requirements towards solutions
- Facilitating workshops
- Documenting impact analysis and new ways of working
- Providing support in testing and readiness activities
- Assisting in the preparation of training materials to support readiness activities
- Performing ‘as is’ analysis and documentation of data consumption in Finance, to support the reporting transition activities
Skills and Experience Specification:
The successful candidate will be an experienced process analyst with demonstrable experience of delivering change in the Finance function within the Insurance Industry.
- Good interaction and communication skills to quickly establish rapport with Finance technical SME personnel at all levels
- Excellent documentation skills to create clear business level definitions in diagrams and written form
- Demonstrable experience of process analysis gained on reporting and migration projects
- Demonstrable experience of documenting process flows
- Demonstrable experience of gathering requirements
- Demonstrable experience of developing and documenting new ways of working
- Demonstrable experience of producing training materials
- Demonstrable experience of analysis of accounting data
- Accounting qualification preferable
- Demonstrable experience in General Insurance, ideally within Specialty Commercial and London Markets
- Understanding and experience of Finance focussed data models using conceptual data modelling techniques as a key communication tool is desirable
- Experience of data quality frameworks and assessing data quality/data defects is desirable
- Experience of master data management and reference data management implementations is desirable