European Internal Audit Senior
Job Title: European Internal Audit Senior
Reports To: European Supervising Internal Audit Senior
Hybrid: 3 days in the office, 2 days working from home
Overview: European Internal Auditor
Why Tokio Marine HCC?
Standing still is not an option in the current world of Insurance. TMHCC are one of the world’s leading Specialty Insurers. With deep expertise in our chosen lines of business, our unparalleled track record and a solid balance sheet, TMHCC evaluates and manages risk like no one else in the industry. Looking beyond profit, empowering our people and delivering on our commitments are at the core of our customer values, and so is a desire to grow and provide creative and innovative solutions to our clients.
To provide quality internal audit work to TMHCC companies in Europe.
- Plan, manage and execute less complex internal audits across all European locations, to provide assurance on the internal controls environment, governance and risk management framework (around 100% role). With progression to leading more complex internal audits as knowledge and experience of the organisation develops.
- Perform and lead annual JSOX / internal controls testing, system walkthroughs and flowcharts for all European locations to comply with Tokio Marine regulations.
- Review JSOX / internal controls testing performed by other European Internal Auditors.
- Liaise with the business to obtain progress updates on control and audit findings and then performing remediation testing.
- Perform routine testing across all departments and areas including but not limited to, underwriting, claims, reinsurance, finance, human resources, risk management, Solvency II, governance, compliance and actuarial projects.
- Document and record all internal audit and JSOX testing on our AuditBoard audit software.
- Resolve any review points raised by the Internal Audit management on a timely basis.
- Produce accurate and complete working papers that support the audit findings and producing the final internal audit report that is presented to the client.
- Ensure compliance with the TMHCC Internal Audit Manual and Internal Audit Policies.
- Support the Head of International Internal Audit / Internal Audit team with various administration, reporting and departmental tasks.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory, auditing and legal changes.
- Liaise with staff and management across the insurance group.
- Ad hoc internal audit projects, testing and tasks.
Skills Required / Personal Specifications:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ICAS, ACCA, CIMA) and committed to on-going professional development.
- Degree educated 2.1 or above.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant and progressive professional experience with a minimum of 3 years leading internal audit experience and proven ability to drive results.
- Insurance and / or financial services experience preferred.
- Experience working with audit management system software, particularly AuditBoard is preferred.
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) who builds strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
- You are keen to develop and grow in a highly collaborative, empowering and busy internal audit team.
- You excel in end-to-end project planning and execution.
- You have good organisational skills & proven ability to multi-task.
- You have a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Willingness to travel, most specifically around European branch offices (around 10% of the role).
- French, German and / or Spanish language skills would be advantageous but not essential.
“Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, and other locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people do not even know exist.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.