Technology Advancement Program Analyst
Tokio Marine HCC is a collection of individuals. Thoughtful. Sincere. Human. We aren’t just insurance professionals—we are collaborators who strive to make the world a better place through purposeful, simple and flexible insurance and risk management practices.
As part of the TMHCC Technology team you deliver business and technology outcomes and projects across key domains within the Corporate IT organization including Security, Data & Analytics, Cloud and Software Engineering platforms.
Key Responsibilities Intro:
This role will work as part of the Technology Advancement Program, rotating through separate technology domains for a specified time. During each rotation, the role will work as part of a multi-disciplined team to define, plan, and deliver initiatives utilizing different technical competencies including business / systems analysis, systems administration, code development and configuration, testing and de-bug diagnosis and resolution activities. The role is responsible for successfully completing practitioner-level training and certification in each domain within each rotation period, the curriculum being defined at the beginning of each technical rotation with training that is specific for each technical domain and skill level.
What you will do:
- Work as part of a team in the Technology Advancement Program to achieve target rotation deliverables. Activities may include:
- Plan and lead technical initiatives, adopting scrum lead / project lead role ensuring that all required roles are filled to ensure successful delivery.
- Identify and interpret business requirements and define technical alternatives, tools, and platforms.
- Develop and configure software solutions to meet the business requirements utilizing best practice techniques and approaches and taking guidance from technical experts in the organization.
Education & Competencies:
- Up to two years of relevant and progressive professional experience in analysis, design, and development skills
- Understanding and awareness of developing reusable code including basic frameworks used throughout a development group preferred
- Understanding of process modeling, data modeling, systems development methodologies, performance tuning, and application monitoring preferred
What’s In It for You?
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Tokio Marine HCC with a minimum of 15 days Paid Time Off annually, plus twelve paid company Holidays.
- Well-being Program: At TMHCC, we don't just offer a standard benefit package, but instead embrace total well-being that encompasses four main components; Body, Mind, Wallet and Life, to help you Thrive. This holistic approach offers you the right resources to address each area of your well-being. After all, we know that when your body, mind, wallet, and life are well cared for, you are thriving!
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved. Tokio Marine HCC has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that enables you to give back to the charity of your choice, as well as paid time off for volunteering.
- Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members can enroll in coverage effective the first day of employment for health, vision, dental and any additional coverages you want to elect into.
- Retirement: Tokio Marine HCC matches your 401(k) contributions dollar-for-dollar up to your first 6% of eligible pay, subject to IRS maximums.
- Employment Practices: Tokio Marine HCC is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.