Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, Ireland, and other exciting locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people don’t even know exist.
Just as we invest in our company, we invest in our employees’ careers. We provide our employees a collaborative and rewarding environment within which to gain the knowledge, skills, and experience that lead to a rewarding career. Our products allow our customers to take on opportunity with confidence. In turn, our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and potential for career growth allow you to take on opportunity with confidence.”
As a member of our global Risk Engineering (RE) community, the Risk Engineer will be fully embedded in the TME Japanese Business team. You will directly report to the Head of Risk Engineering Continental Europe.
Based on your skills, you will work closely with underwriters and business development teams across Continental Europe to contribute to the sustainable growth of the TME Japanese Business portfolio through the provision of its risk engineering expertise. With a focus on our German book-of-business, but embedded in the RE continental team, also with the opportunity to service internal and external customers in other regions.
You will deliver a comprehensive range of risk management and consulting expertise to match the unique risk profile of the local and worldwide operations of our Japanese clients.
This may include driving various projects, development, and implementation of strategies, creating standard methodologies, guidelines or papers and leaflets or developing new innovative service offerings.
- Plan and carry out the necessary actions to offer value-added risk engineering service to TME Japanese clients. The portfolio consists of standard lines of business, principally Property, Casualty and Marine Cargo.
- Identify, analyse the risk, and propose reasonable and realistic advice for the client to improve the risk or mitigate the potential of loss.
- Compile and present risk engineering report. This includes on site client visits and effective presentations.
- Support TME's Japanese clients for any project that may have an impact on insured risks
- Develop guidelines, papers, leaflets and industry updates in relation with P&C risk management and emerging risk
Skills and Experience Specification:
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- At least 10 years' experience in property risk prevention – with 3 to 5 years for an insurance company
- Be force of proposal for a continuous optimization of the processes
- Strong negotiation and presenting skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Business sense and flexibility, self-managed, entrepreneurial attitude
- Proficient German & English
- Proficient digital literacy (e.g., Microsoft Office products) and ideally an affinity to digital solutions
- Solid Team Spirit
- Service mindedness
- Driving license
- Willingness to travel – mainly within Europe
- Position based in Düsseldorf.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of Companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tokiomarinehcc.com for more information about our companies.