Business Intelligence Systems Data Analysts
To work within the BI/Data Warehouse team and be a liaison with the business able to explain and breakdown issues for both technical and non-technical people. To undertake data analysis on issues and changes working with both the IT teams and key Business stakeholders. To understand and analyse data queries and discrepancies that arise. Support the business teams in addressing source/feed/data related issues. Where required create and maintain support documentation.
Applicants should be aware that the role will be developing over the next 18 / 24 months to expand responsibilities into other support areas within the IT Service Delivery application support estate. Applications should only be made by individuals who have a desire to develop their skills in IT applications both inside and outside a Business Intelligence environment.
• Data Analysis for Business and IT purposes
• Support and investigate any critical function issues within scope of responsibilities
• Write SQL queries to analyse data in DB to assist with investigation of queries and issues
• Analyse stored procedures as part of troubleshooting incidents
• Perform or review data reconciliations to check data is flowing correctly through ETL
• Work with the business and IT developers on issues and requests as a data analyst ensuring you understand the requirements and processes
• Support in getting the business impact clearly understood in the event of failure and recovery activities
• Anticipate issues and escalate to next level or business analysts as appropriate
• Assist with the transition of change between Project and own support area
• Assist in Solvency II queries and understand the data to support the Business
• Provision of out of hours support when required
Skills and Experience Specification:
• Very strong analytical skills
• Lateral thinker, able to understand the impact of actions. Adopts an innovative approach to find and propose alternative solutions when standard procedures prove to be ineffective.
• Confident communicator (verbal and written) at all levels, including strong customer, client liaison and including third parties.
• Customer focused and knowledge of ITIL with a good understanding of Incidents, Problem and Change
• Proven experience of working collaboratively with other IT support teams to deliver excellent customer service
• Ability to ask the right questions to get to the root cause of an issue
• Familiarity with Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and Master Data Management (MDM) concepts and analysis techniques
• 4-6 years’ experience in BI or Data Warehouse Systems / Data Analysis
• Strong MS OFFICE knowledge including Pivot tables, Power Point
• SQL Server T-SQL, Reporting and Analysis Services experience
• Knowledge of Insurance accounting and the impacts of Solvency II
• Knowledge of London market underwriting systems would be a distinct advantage
• DataStage experience would be an advantage
• Flexibility to travel and work in different locations from time to time
“Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Europe, and other locations. With the strength and stability that comes from being a member of the Tokio Marine group, and more than forty years of growth, profitability, and stability, we offer important insurance products that most people do not even know exist.
Just as we invest in our company, we invest in our employees’ careers. We provide our employees a collaborative and rewarding environment within which to gain the knowledge, skills, and experience that lead to a rewarding career. Our products allow our customers to take on opportunity with confidence. In turn, our competitive salaries, attractive benefits, and potential for career growth allow you to take on opportunity with confidence.
The Tokio Marine HCC Group of companies is an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.